Happy Thanksgiving 2021 to all our readers. Wishing everyone the best of family, friends and football.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Smart Planning Means a Happy, Peaceful 4th of JulyThe 4th of July, 2022, on Roosevelt Island was as peaceful — pre-fireworks — as it was sunny and warm. Advance planning paid off with previous years’ problems never developing. by David Stone The Roosevelt
- Main Street, Roosevelt Island, What Most Visitors Never SeeAbout the long-neglected tree beds on Main Street, a resident wrote, “They are first and foremost eyesores, and then safety hazards. It’s impossible to believe — No, wait – not impossible — the neglect going
- After a Lost Election, A Better Idea for Roosevelt Island“Neither Marc nor I won,” Joyce Short answered our inquiry. She meant the contest for two seats on the Democratic State Committee. She and fellow Roosevelt Islander Marc Block ran in partnership. Entering late with
- OMNY for the Tram: Frustrations Prompt a Petition DriveAn OMNY for the Roosevelt Island Tram petition states it simply: “We are asking the MTA and RIOC between them to remedy this.” The solution is simple. Install OMNY Card readers in two Tram locations, but
- Interesting Fact #9 – The First Product Sold Online Was a Sting albumThe first product ever sold online was a Sting album. On August 11, 1994, the album was sold on Netscape’s website for $12.48. This was significant because it marked the beginning of eCommerce and showed