When RIOC updates on the AVAC, it’s always a little confusing and incomplete. But this time, it’s also mostly good news.
By David Stone
Updates on the AVAC
“Please be advised that maintenance work alongside the east side
That’s good news, but puzzling. What exactly is “the east side-of the AVAC system?” And what maintenance? What was wrong? Our best guess – Southtown and Roosevelt Landings will be back to normal today, but we’re not 100% sure. RIOC’s not giving us any help here; so, we will watch and see. The disappearance of all those piles of black garbage bags may brighten Thanksgiving.
Whatever happened to that bed frame that got blamed for everything? Angry residents condemned whatever fool or fools who stuffed it down a chute. But there’s never been any evidence that story was true, and now it looks like a thing of legend. Like Babe the Blue Ox.
The remaining updates on the AVAC are less clear.
Why Can’t They Just Say Rivercross?
“…the west side line of the AVAC system is partially complete but still in need of repairs near buildings 505 and 531 Main Street. This zone is clogged with solid and liquid material that requires RIOC engage a third party to remove. Once the waste is cleared, certain upgrades to the system will be necessary to prevent future clogging in this area.”
Here’s a tip to help the outsiders: 505 and 531 Main are not “buildings.” They are both Rivercross.
In any case, the clogged zone is news to most of us, six months down the road, but not so much for Rivercross residents. RIOC’s communicated in detail with the Tenants Corp. there for some time, just not with the rest of us.
In any case, assuming our translation of RIOC-speak is on the money, we can assume all buildings back at full AVAC service today, except Rivercross. But we’re not promising anything.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Are New York City Streets Getting Filthier? The Numbers Aren’t So ClearMayor Eric Adams’ war on trash and rats has led him to increase funding for more litter-basket pickup and lot-cleanup programs — but his office is at odds with New York’s Strongest about how they
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J.
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe.