When it comes to Roosevelt Island views, all are not created equal. Many are beautiful, but some are irretrievably ugly. Here’s a matched set.
By David Stone
Roosevelt Island Views: Reconstructed Shoreline in Southpoint Park
RIOC president/CEO said on October 28th that this was set to open within the next few weeks.
Unless your dream of a shoreline stroll includes randomly strewn piles of rocks were trees and brush once ruled, this expensive waste may be more irritating than pleasing. After all, if you live on Roosevelt Island, you paid for it. Involuntarily.
In perspective – what was torn out…
A perspective on what’s now gone (above) hardens the contrast.
The Matched Set, Part Two
Entering from the north, contrasted with Cornell Tech’s sloping meadows, is worse. Who came up with this plan? Who approved it?
Maybe a look at what was promised will prompt even more questions.
Roosevelt Island Views: What they promised…
Any resemblance to the reality at hand is purely coincidental.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Shuffling Schedules, RIOC Creates a Greater Gap with the CommunityA greater gap between RIOC and Roosevelt Islanders is not what elected officials expected when they grilled board chair RuthAnne
- Now Is Your Chance for a Great Deal on Art, Thanks to Gallery RIVAAStarting Thursday, December 7th, you can take home some great art from our local artists at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main
- Can we talk… with RIOC? CB8 invites Roosevelt Island engagementCommunity Board 8 (CB8) Roosevelt Island committee chair, Paul Krikler, opens a window next week where the community can connect.
- New York City Health & Hospital’s Community Mural Project Graces Coler“Healing in Community,” a part of NYC Health & Hospitals’s mural project, went live on December 1st at Roosevelt Islands’s
- The “Eviction Machine” Now Slams Into Roosevelt IslandAs a community, we always thought we were immune from these things, but the “eviction machine” described in a New
- Who Just Made the Big Fat Silence You Didn’t Hear?It was RIOC, and that big fat silence billowed out in every direction as it had for months. Starting with