The renewal tree, now brightened with autumn color, shows how vigor and beauty can rise from sharpe decline. Its renewal is a sign of hope, fresh life arising from near death.
By David Stone
The Renewal Tree
At the extreme south end of the Cornell Tech campus, near the Southpoint Park entrance, the Roosevelt Renewal Tree thrives from near demise.
From another angle…
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Happy Holiday Gifts for Cat Lovers and FriendsBest Choice Gifts for Cat Lovers Gifts for cat lovers from handmade artist Deborah Julian bring you a wide choice of cards and artwork that will delight and stay. High quality Famous Artists’ Cats Card
- The View, Roosevelt Island’s Secret Front Yard in AutumnRoosevelt Island’s secret front yard wasn’t built for hiding, but history made it that way. As a result, it’s easy to miss as it slopes toward the East River. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- “Miracle on Main Street,” RIVAA Holiday Group Show Opens SaturdayIn a holiday tradition, on Saturday, December 4th, the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association, opens Miracle on Main Street. Everyone is invited to meet the artists and appreciate their work at a free public reception
- Fulfilling a community’s worst fears, the Southpoint “renovation” is now completeIs the now finished Southpoint “renovation” an example of tasteless bureaucrats run amuck or something worse? Redeeming virtues are few, and a walk through repeatedly brings up the question: Why? By David Stone The Roosevelt
- Good news now: The reindeer herd at the Tram Plaza has not been culled…As we reported earlier, RIOC’s holiday decorating team planned on culling the reindeer herd in the Tram Plaza, from five to four. But in reality, they went the other way. There are now six “healthier”
- For Roosevelt Island, This Season’s First SnowIt wasn’t much, and if you blinked, you might miss it. But this morning brought the first snow, the first glimpse of winter ahead. The Roosevelt Island Daily News My photo wasn’t much either. I