RIOC’s been nagged for months about returning mini stop signs in crosswalks. They lower the risks to which pedestrians are regularly exposed. But nothing happened until two people were hit by cars. Better late than never, although it’s shameful it took so much to get some action.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- RIOC overreacts. Promenade restrictions now increase conflictsReactions were instantaneous when RIOC, the state agency that never makes a mistake, banned all “motorized vehicles” from both Roosevelt Island promenades. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Without Thought or Discussion, RIOC Banned Motorized Vehicles from East and West Promenades The news thrilled some. E-bikes, e-scooters and the like changed strolling or
- Available Now, Certified English Tutoring with Roosevelt Islander Naomi ImbrognoMake the call or email. Your neighbor Naomi Imbrogno helps English speakers of other languages (ESOL) improve their skills. Imbrogno specializes in tutoring students with special needs and English Language Learners of all ages. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Learn more at a Drug Mart Third Shot Clinic hosted by Rebecca SeawrightWith booster shots now approved, state assembly member Rebecca Seawright is organizing Third Shot Clinics helping constituents get the information they need. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Vaccines remain critical for New York City’s raising out of the coronavirus pandemic. As we reported, there are powerful reasons in favor of getting vaccinated. Do it now,
- RIOC’s Board Meeting Moved to October 28thAfter failing again at meeting public open meeting law requirements, RIOC, without explanation, stalled its October board meeting to the last Thursday of the month. Roosevelt Island Daily News About RIOC’s October 28th Board Meeting Please take notice that a Board of Directors meeting will be held on Thursday, October 28th, 2021 at 5:30 PM.
- This Year, early voting begins on October 23rd.Every NYC voter can vote early in person before Election Day. Voting early is convenient, fast, and flexible. Where to vote You must vote at your assigned early voting site. Your early voting site may be different from your Election Day poll site, so make sure to check before you go! For Roosevelt Island: SPORTSPARK, ENTRY ON