Last month, we posted about the high volume of people finding a place to sleep in the Roosevelt Island subway station. Mid-morning today, there were a pair so out of it, they managed sleeping soundly on those god awful, ribbed benches in the subway.
How is it we can spend millions on an excessive bike ramp, ripping the life out of Southpoint and a public restroom bigger and more elaborate than many of our apartments, but can scratch up enough to safely house the homeless?
I don’t care if drugs or booze are involved. Nobody in this rich country should live like this.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- RIOC overreacts. Promenade restrictions now increase conflictsReactions were instantaneous when RIOC, the state agency that never makes a mistake, banned all “motorized vehicles” from both Roosevelt Island promenades. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Without Thought or Discussion, RIOC
- Available Now, Certified English Tutoring with Roosevelt Islander Naomi ImbrognoMake the call or email. Your neighbor Naomi Imbrogno helps English speakers of other languages (ESOL) improve their skills. Imbrogno specializes in tutoring students with special needs and English Language Learners of all ages. davidstone1313
- Learn more at a Drug Mart Third Shot Clinic hosted by Rebecca SeawrightWith booster shots now approved, state assembly member Rebecca Seawright is organizing Third Shot Clinics helping constituents get the information they need. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Vaccines remain critical for New York City’s raising
- RIOC’s Board Meeting Moved to October 28thAfter failing again at meeting public open meeting law requirements, RIOC, without explanation, stalled its October board meeting to the last Thursday of the month. Roosevelt Island Daily News About RIOC’s October 28th Board Meeting
- This Year, early voting begins on October 23rd.Every NYC voter can vote early in person before Election Day. Voting early is convenient, fast, and flexible. Where to vote You must vote at your assigned early voting site. Your early voting site may be