Last month, we posted about the high volume of people finding a place to sleep in the Roosevelt Island subway station. Mid-morning today, there were a pair so out of it, they managed sleeping soundly on those god awful, ribbed benches in the subway.
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
How is it we can spend millions on an excessive bike ramp, ripping the life out of Southpoint and a public restroom bigger and more elaborate than many of our apartments, but can scratch up enough to safely house the homeless?
I don’t care if drugs or booze are involved. Nobody in this rich country should live like this.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Theory of Karma – What It Means and Where It Came FromThrough research, I’ve conducted an in-depth analysis of the concept of karma and its viability. This analysis includes a brief explanation of the theory of karma, its historical and cultural context. It required a review
- Stiff Prices, Unfulfilled Orders: How the Private Contractor Running Rikers Commissary Serves DetaineesBianca Pallaro and Reuven Blau, The City This article was originally published on Jun 9 5:00am EDT by THE CITY In April 2022, the New York City Department of Correction signed a no-bid contract with
- Haynes at it again. Someone please offer this man a new jobIt looks like a long campaign for a new job for Shelton Haynes. Why else would anyone push this nonsense? Quote from his latest promo: “Given a problematic task nearly 50 years ago, the Roosevelt
- Staying Inside Won’t Protect You from Smoke Unless the Air is CleanSamantha Maldonado, The City This article was originally published on Jun 8 8:38pm EDT by THE CITY As New York City’s air quality remained unhealthy due to Canadian wildfires, Mayor Eric Adams encouraged New Yorkers
- Gap Show – RIVAA’s New Idea Surprises Next Week at the GalleryWhat is a gap show? We’re about to find out on Wednesday June 14th, when RIVAA‘s artists surprise visitors with a themed show. With ten days to run, they will fill the walls with inspiration
[…] Still Sleeping in the Roosevelt Island Subway. Is there no solution? […]