Press Release From HHC
NYC Health + Hospitals is now offering booster shots of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine to the following eligible people who previously received the second Pfizer vaccine dose at least six months ago:
- People 65 or older
- People 18 to 64 who have either an underlying medical conditionor a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure due to their job (for example, health care workers) or where they live or frequently visit (for example, a homeless shelter)
- People living in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
Booster shots are available at all 11 public hospitals, by appointment or walk-in.
You will only be able to get a Pfizer booster shot if you received a second Pfizer dose at least six months ago.
Booster doses are currently not available for people who received the Moderna or J&J vaccine.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- What Went Wrong? Bungling Public Purpose Grants AgainUnderstanding what went wrong – again – with distributing public purpose funds starts with a single point. It’s an aggravating factor that’s existed for years. RIOC knows it but won’t fix it. While showing extraordinary
- Spring is here, and the Southpoint Rock Farm is… RockyThe Shelton J. Haynes/Langan Southpoint Rock Farm promised pathways with “lush vegetation.” Promise fulfilled? You decide. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The Southpoint Rock Farm Today The secret deal cut between the
- RIOC Reform: What the New Law Does – If Hochul Signs ItRIOC reform, sought by residents for many years, is on the cusp. All it takes is a signature by Governor Kathy Hochul to make a bill championed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José
- The Art of Paul Gauguin: A Painter’s Restless LifePaul Gauguin was a French Post-Impressionist artist who was born on the 7th of June in 1848 and died at the age of 54 on the 8th of May in 1903. by David Stone for
- How the hippie counterculture movement changed AmericaThe hippie counterculture movement of the 1960s was a response to the conservatism and materialism of the 1950s. The hippies sought to create a new society based on peace, love, and brotherhood. They believed that