Press Release From HHC
NYC Health + Hospitals is now offering booster shots of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine to the following eligible people who previously received the second Pfizer vaccine dose at least six months ago:
- People 65 or older
- People 18 to 64 who have either an underlying medical conditionor a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure due to their job (for example, health care workers) or where they live or frequently visit (for example, a homeless shelter)
- People living in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
Booster shots are available at all 11 public hospitals, by appointment or walk-in.
You will only be able to get a Pfizer booster shot if you received a second Pfizer dose at least six months ago.
Booster doses are currently not available for people who received the Moderna or J&J vaccine.
Get more details on the COVID-19 Vaccine
Make an appointment at an NYC Health + Hospitals site or call
1-877-VAX-4NYC or 1-877-829-4692
Find a hospital location near you
Find vaccine appointments at other citywide locations
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Why RIOC’s New Constituent Services Department Is Total Bull-oneyNext up in its Hall of Cringe-Worthy Moments, RIOC’s screaming headline declares, “PRESIDENT HAYNES ANNOUNCES NEW CONSTITUENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT WITHIN RIOC.” It scores a triple crown of hypocritical, condescending and stupid. How can this highly
- Will Roosevelt Island Day Be Diminished Again This Year?Roosevelt Island Day shrunk after 2019, partly because of excessive COVID-19 concerns, but what happens in 2023? President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes’s organizers can regain some lost community support, returning some enthusiasm for 2023. But the
- From Jazz to Hip-Hop: How Harlem Transformed into a Groovy Hub of Music in New York CityThe culturally rich neighborhood of Harlem in New York City has been an epicenter for music since the early 20th century. From the birth of jazz to hip-hop, Harlem has served as a breeding ground
- Broadway Unmasked: Behind the Theatre District’s Meteoric RiseBroadway is an iconic part of American culture, a place where dreams come true and stories are brought to life. From its humble beginnings as a small collection of theaters in the late 19th century,
- Lunatic Fringe – Is Shelton Haynes Job-Hunting on Your Dime?Reporting that “He’s at it again” isn’t enough as what looks for all the world like RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes job-hunting secures a spot cleanly on the lunatic fringe. In a new paid public
[…] options abound, including at Duane Reade next to the subway, and Health and Hospitals announced free boosters for those eligible, available […]