Press Release From HHC
NYC Health + Hospitals is now offering booster shots of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine to the following eligible people who previously received the second Pfizer vaccine dose at least six months ago:
- People 65 or older
- People 18 to 64 who have either an underlying medical conditionor a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure due to their job (for example, health care workers) or where they live or frequently visit (for example, a homeless shelter)
- People living in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
Booster shots are available at all 11 public hospitals, by appointment or walk-in.
You will only be able to get a Pfizer booster shot if you received a second Pfizer dose at least six months ago.
Booster doses are currently not available for people who received the Moderna or J&J vaccine.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- New York City Health & Hospital’s Community Mural Project Graces Coler“Healing in Community,” a part of NYC Health & Hospitals’s mural project, went live on December 1st at Roosevelt Islands’s Coler Rehabilitation Center. It’s one of nine additions to the wide-ranging effort this year. by
- The “Eviction Machine” Now Slams Into Roosevelt IslandAs a community, we always thought we were immune from these things, but the “eviction machine” described in a New York Times article, is building up momentum, attacking Roosevelt Island’s most vulnerable residents. by David
- Who Just Made the Big Fat Silence You Didn’t Hear?It was RIOC, and that big fat silence billowed out in every direction as it had for months. Starting with brutal accusations in a lawsuit condemning a wide swath of Roosevelt Islanders as racists, the
- FDNY Canceled a Dozen Inspections, Including at a Brooklyn Public School, to Fast Track City Hall VIPFire chiefs raised concerns about favoritism in the earliest months of the Adams administration, internal emails obtained by THE CITY show, as well-connected developers like The Related Companies lobbied to cut the fire inspection
- The Pentagon Just Can’t Pass An AuditConservative lawmakers calling for cuts should start with the agency that can’t account for $1.9 trillion — not the programs Americans rely on. By Lindsay Koshgarian | November 29, 2023 The Pentagon just failed its audit —