Press Release From HHC
NYC Health + Hospitals is now offering booster shots of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine to the following eligible people who previously received the second Pfizer vaccine dose at least six months ago:
- People 65 or older
- People 18 to 64 who have either an underlying medical conditionor a higher risk of COVID-19 exposure due to their job (for example, health care workers) or where they live or frequently visit (for example, a homeless shelter)
- People living in a nursing home or other long-term care facility
Booster shots are available at all 11 public hospitals, by appointment or walk-in.
You will only be able to get a Pfizer booster shot if you received a second Pfizer dose at least six months ago.
Booster doses are currently not available for people who received the Moderna or J&J vaccine.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- RIOC’s Board Meeting Moved to October 28thAfter failing again at meeting public open meeting law requirements, RIOC, without explanation, stalled its October board meeting to the last Thursday of the month. Roosevelt Island Daily News About RIOC’s October 28th Board Meeting
- This Year, early voting begins on October 23rd.Every NYC voter can vote early in person before Election Day. Voting early is convenient, fast, and flexible. Where to vote You must vote at your assigned early voting site. Your early voting site may be
- Senator José Serrano’s disingenuous claims don’t cut it as RIOC board conflict deepensAs Jeffrey Escobar did the right thing as a nonresident, resigning from RIOC’s board of directors, State Senator José Serrano openly mislead the community about his role. The Roosevelt Islander blog reported his comments from
- The Ugly AVAC Breakdown Now Extends Trash Heaps Through Roosevelt LandingsThe crisis caused by a nearly six month AVAC breakdown grew, this week,as the trash collection mess extended into Roosevelt Landings. Roosevelt Landings is the community’s largest resident complex. Photos of smelly trash bags, stacked
- Canadian Geese Graze Through a Gentle Autumn in Southpoint ParkAs a slow and gentle autumn eases across New York, a small crew of Canadian Geese share the sunset in Roosevelt Island‘s Southpoint Park. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily