“NYC Health + Hospitals is offering a third dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer and Moderna) to eligible New Yorkers with certain serious medical conditions or who receive treatments that weaken their immune system.”
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
That’s the good news as the battle against the coronavirus moves ahead.
Even better, people over 65 can get free transportation to their appointment or arrange in-home vaccinations if necessary.
Get all the details right here.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Why RIOC’s New Constituent Services Department Is Total Bull-oneyNext up in its Hall of Cringe-Worthy Moments, RIOC’s screaming headline declares, “PRESIDENT HAYNES ANNOUNCES NEW CONSTITUENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT WITHIN RIOC.” It scores a triple crown of hypocritical, condescending and stupid. How can this highly paid confederacy of dunces make gross error after error and never pay a price? Maybe because all the strings are
- Will Roosevelt Island Day Be Diminished Again This Year?Roosevelt Island Day shrunk after 2019, partly because of excessive COVID-19 concerns, but what happens in 2023? President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes’s organizers can regain some lost community support, returning some enthusiasm for 2023. But the signs so far are not good. A late announcement and a lackadaisical poster lacking all originality won’t stoke enthusiasm. by
- From Jazz to Hip-Hop: How Harlem Transformed into a Groovy Hub of Music in New York CityThe culturally rich neighborhood of Harlem in New York City has been an epicenter for music since the early 20th century. From the birth of jazz to hip-hop, Harlem has served as a breeding ground for some of the most influential musical genres in American history. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The
- Broadway Unmasked: Behind the Theatre District’s Meteoric RiseBroadway is an iconic part of American culture, a place where dreams come true and stories are brought to life. From its humble beginnings as a small collection of theaters in the late 19th century, Broadway has grown into one of the most renowned theater districts in the world. But what led to its meteoric
- Lunatic Fringe – Is Shelton Haynes Job-Hunting on Your Dime?Reporting that “He’s at it again” isn’t enough as what looks for all the world like RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes job-hunting secures a spot cleanly on the lunatic fringe. In a new paid public promo, the composer positions Haynes as Roosevelt Island’s hero-come-lately. It gets really nutty before it ends. by David Stone The