“NYC Health + Hospitals is offering a third dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer and Moderna) to eligible New Yorkers with certain serious medical conditions or who receive treatments that weaken their immune system.”
That’s the good news as the battle against the coronavirus moves ahead.
Even better, people over 65 can get free transportation to their appointment or arrange in-home vaccinations if necessary.
Get all the details right here.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park, Cool Green Oasis in a Hot CityThe long, hot days of summer can be a brutal experience in the city. The concrete and asphalt reflect the heat back up at you, and the dry air seems to suck all the moisture out of your skin. But just across the river, there’s a cool green oasis waiting for you. by David Stone
- THE GREAT MIGRATION FAILED TO BRIDGE THE RACIAL WEALTH DIVIDE. WHAT’S NEXT?Real and lasting economic opportunities for Black families will come only through a serious national reckoning on race. By Dedrick Asante-Muhammad, Briana Shelton | August 3, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News During the early 1900s through 1970, millions of African Americans migrated from the deeply segregated agricultural South to the industrial, less segregated Midwest
- Judge Could Allow NYC Council to Revote on Education BudgetNew York City did not follow the proper procedure when approving the roughly $31 billion budget for the education department, a Manhattan judge said Thursday, potentially setting up the City Council to revote on funding for the nation’s largest public school system. Reema Amin, Chalkbeat New York This story was originally published by Chalkbeat. Sign
- After Alice Childress Library Rejected Racism ChargedAn Alice Childress Library? That was the dream of Michael Rogers, who Childress mentored into a successful career on stage, as well as others. It made sense for Roosevelt Island, but it was dismissed out of hand by the New York Public Library. And City Council Member Julie Menin let it slide with the lamest
- Two Dead in NYCHA Housing Blaze Ignited by Exploding E-bike Battery, Officials SayA 5-year-old girl and a 36-year-old woman were killed by a fire inside a public housing apartment in Harlem that officials believe was caused by the exploding battery of an electric scooter. The blaze, which ignited in the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday, also seriously injured the girl’s father. Greg B. Smith, The City Republished with