Expect high heat and humidity as bad weather settles in for three days across New York City. But then, add in pollution as the National Weather Service warns of air quality exceeding safe levels, starting Wednesday at 11:00 a.m.
By David Stone
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
A Heat Advisory is in effect for today, running from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., with a high predicted topping out at 90. That comes with high humidity and an Air Quality Alert that expires at 11:00 p.m.
The Air Quality Alert indicates ozone levels exceeding a standard of 100, the point at which pollutants affect sensitive individuals.
Although no air quality concerns are yet registered for Thursday, the NWS elevated the Heat Advisory to an Excessive Heat Warning. The high will be around 93, but the Heat Index may reach as high as 107, triggering heat-related illnesses.
Stay hydrated and indoors with air-conditioning whenever possible.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Storms, Heat Waves and Car Crashes: Inside Con Ed’s Summer Emergency DrillSamantha Maldonado, The City This article was originally published on Jun 5 5:00am EDT by THE CITY It was the morning of Sept. 3. The previous night, a storm barrelled through the New York City region, knocking down trees and powerlines, flooding roads and leaving 300,000 Con Ed customers without electricity. Then, a three-day heat
- If It’s Now The Safest Place On Earth, What’s With The Competing Safety Meetings?RIOC’s chaotic communications operation may be outdoing itself with an unexplained overload of public safety meetings. Reschedules of never announced events dribble out in advisories, and PSD and NYPD may have gotten a divorce. Here’s what we know. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Let’s start with a reality check that RIOC would
- The ‘Black Benjie Way’: Bronx Peacemaker Whose Killing Led To Gang Truce Honored With Street NamingJonathan Custodio, The City This article was originally published on Jun 3 2:26pm EDT by THE CITY More than 50 years after he lost his life serving as a peacemaker in the South Bronx, the intersection of East 165 Street and Rogers Place in Longwood has been officially renamed Cornell “Black Benjie” Benjamin Way. The
- Things To Consider When Relocating Your OfficeAre you planning to relocate your business’s office? Consider these tips to reduce stress and make the process go more smoothly for you and your team.
- NYC Sheriff Hawked ‘Gimmick’ COVID Protection Just Before Mayor Adams Hired HimYoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Jun 2 5:00am EDT by THE CITY Just weeks before he was tapped to serve as New York City sheriff, former NYPD Sergeant Anthony Miranda attended an awards gala in Great Neck, Long Island, with his wife, where they wore purple cards resembling conference badges.
[…] Bad Weather, Hot & Dirty, Ahead […]