In a statement released to the Roosevelt Island Daily, AM Seawright said this on the Cuomo resignation:
I want to first and foremost again thank the brave women who came forward and told the stories of their abusive treatment within the highest executive office of our state. We owe them an enduring debt of gratitude. No amount of victim-shaming will ever diminish their courageous actions.
Governor Cuomo was right to announce his resignation today. New Yorkers will not be distracted from focusing on fighting against COVID-19 and on revitalizing the state economy. We must, however, take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that the devastating findings of the Attorney General’s report on the treatment of women and abuse of state resources are never again allowed to occur in New York State. I look forward to discussing how best to accomplish this with my constituents, Speaker Heastie, Judiciary Committee Chair Levine and Committee member colleagues.
I stand in strong support of Governor-Designate Kathy Hochul. She will make history as the first woman to hold the office of governor of New York. We will work with her to advocate the best interests of the people of our state as she begins the transition process over the two weeks. The people of New York deserve nothing less.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Factors That Affect Commercial Solar Panels’ EfficiencyWant to know how to ensure optimal commercial solar panel efficiency? Explore the various factors that influence performance, from weather to cleanliness.
- Get Your Girl Scout Cookies NowLeire and Itziar are selling Girl Scout Cookies, offering FREE Shipping from March 20 -27. 5-package minimum and 12-package maximum per order. You can place as many orders as you want. We also offer Girl Delivery with a Smile and a Thank you note. We are Junior Girl Scouts of Troop 3233, we are working
- The US Remains a Grim Leader in Preterm Births. Why? And Can We Fix It?Tamara Etienne’s second pregnancy was freighted with risk and worry from its earliest days — exacerbated by a first pregnancy that had ended in miscarriage. A third-grade teacher at an overcrowded Miami-Dade County public school, she spent harried days on her feet. Financial worries weighed heavy, even with health insurance and some paid time off
- Common Woodworking Problems and SolutionsProfessionals and hobbyists understand the woes of woodworking. Fortunately, a few woodworking problems have smart solutions you should know.
- Immobilized Astor Place Cube Slated to Spin Again by SummerThe iconic Astor Place Cube, which has been immobilized for nearly a year because of structural damage, would be restored to its original free-spinning glory by July 17, under a proposal from the city Department of Transportation obtained by THE CITY. Yoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Mar 16 at 5:55