I get no kick from champagne, but I like this. Seen in Manhattan on 3rd Avenue, between 59th and 60th, outside Bloomies.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Who killed the Tram Plaza Reindeer?Property destruction comes in all flavors, but some land in a whole new category of stupid – like what happened to the Tram Plaza Reindeer… by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Have You Walked Carl Schurz Park? A Gem Missed Too Often in New York CityCarl Schurz Park is a quiet green space in Yorkville on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Home to Gracie Mansion, where New York’s mayors live, it rises above Hell Gate, the confluence where tides from Long Island Sound collide with those from the East and Harlem Rivers. It has a rich history, including substituting for Central
- RIHS Kiosk Center Stage Mellow Early Winter SunsetAsserting itself in time, the Roosevelt Island Historical Society’s saved kiosk, now serving as a Tram Plaza Visitor Center, stands out through a skyline sunset lens across long lines of history. The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Roosevelt Island 2021, A Year in PicturesA lot happened on Roosevelt Island in 2021. The second COVID-colored year saw a community evolving, adjusting and, mostly, appreciating life here. We picked one photo from each month as representing its most memorable event. So much went on, we were surprised at how much we left out. Local spirit burned through the COVID haze,
- King of Roosevelt Island or Visiting Dignitary?He had a regal look, no question, and he kinda looked like an historical figure… but this is 2022. Was he the King of Roosevelt Island or a visiting dignitary arriving by sleigh? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Leaving Rivercross, climbing the steps up to Good Shepherd Plaza, I heard the laughter.