A peak of New York City whimsey stands tall in Kips Bay, just a block away from the busy 34th Street NYC Ferry terminal.
A Dalmation, properly masked, balances a yellow cab on his nose.
Face it. This is just plain fun.
- The Penn Station Area Is on the Verge of Redevelopment. Here’s What We Know About the Looming TransformationThere’s near-unanimous consensus that Penn Station is a messy, uninspiring labyrinth overdue for a revamp. Revitalizing the transit hub, however, has eluded New York governors for decades. Gov. Kathy Hochul is hoping she can change that. Rachel Holliday Smith and Gabriel Poblete, The City Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News This article was
- Tram Appears Ready for Return to Full Service – and IsWith the out of service north cabin running multiple test runs – without an operator or passengers – today and construction barriers down, an imminent return is expected. The north cabin returned to full service just after noon today. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Above, you can see that the construction barriers
- Shame on Mayor Adams, the MTA and NYPD – Subways UnmaskedSo, you thought Bill de Blasio was goofy? With more bluster and little or no actual affect, Mayor Eric Adams may soon pass de Blasio’s worst. How can he keep crime out of the subways if his NYPD troops can’t even get people to wear face masks? As infections soar, big talk doesn’t even rise
- Rebecca Seawright: Turn Beacons of Hope into Wins for FreedomOpEd by State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright The Roosevelt Island Daily News Editor’s Note: We asked State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright for her reflections on the just ended special legislative session in Albany. She graciously agreed. In one shameful swoop, the United States Supreme Court has sent the women and families of America into the
- Renewable Ravenswood: NYC Game-Changer in the Neighborhood?Bright and massive, the Ravenswood Power Plant kept the lights on in New York City since the 1960s. For Astoria in Queens and Roosevelt Island, it has another legacy: Asthma Alley. Fossil Fuel pollution fell silently and hazardously throughout surrounding neighborhoods. But a new day may be on the horizon as Rise Light & Power,