A peak of New York City whimsey stands tall in Kips Bay, just a block away from the busy 34th Street NYC Ferry terminal.
A Dalmation, properly masked, balances a yellow cab on his nose.
Face it. This is just plain fun.
- New York lands at No. 15 in ranking of states by prosperityBy Kim Jarrett | The Center Square contributor/July 29th, 2021 (The Center Square) – New York received high rankings for its business environment and natural environment, according to the latest United States Prosperity Index from the London-based think-tank Legatum Institute, and came in 15th overall. The report compiled by 40 authors ranks the U.S., the 50
- Extreme Heat Sends New Yorkers to Emergency Rooms as Climate Toll GrowsSamantha Maldonado, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jul 27 at 8:28pm EDTby THE CITY The city is on pace to match 2018, when more than 700 people headed to the hospital due to hot weather, data shows. As the planet is warming, New York is feeling the heat: It recently placed as the
- NYC Delta COVID Wave Sends Relatively Few to Hospitals So FarAnn Choi and Will Welch, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jul 25 at 5:45pm EDTby THE CITY A surge in positive tests for COVID-19 in New York has spurred dread of another wave of potentially deadly infections — even calls to again require masks indoors. Yet while the number of cases is rising quickly,
- Inside Bernie Madoff’s Life Behind Bars: From Billions to 24 Cents an HourReuven Blau, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jul 22 at 11:37pm EDTby THE CITY Bernie Madoff, who got rich running a New York-based Ponzi scheme that lost $64.8 billion, ended his days earning only 24 cents an hour for orderly work in federal prison, documents obtained by THE CITY reveal. The mastermind behind
- Cuomo to sit for deposition on harassment allegations, according to reportsBy Steve Bittenbender | The Center Square contributor/July 16th, 2021 (The Center Square) – Embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is slated to meet with representatives from state Attorney General Letitia James’ office regarding the numerous sexual harassment allegations he faces, according to news reports. The New York Times reported Thursday night that Joon H. Kim