The waiting’s over. The Graduate Hotel on the Cornell Tech campus on Roosevelt Island is ready for taking reservations. The chain’s communications department said today that the facility “is now accepting reservations for bookings beginning June 1.”
Officials earlier told The Daily that the opening was expected this summer, but this moves the date a few weeks ahead of that.
Interested in Graduate Hotel reservations? The website is active, right now: Roosevelt Island Graduate Hotel Reservations.
Graduate Hotel Reservations begin… Read the Press Release:
New York – Graduate Hotels® announces today that Graduate Roosevelt Island is now accepting reservations for stays beginning June 1st, 2021. The 224-key, 18-story hotel will open as part of the Graduate Hotels collection at the Cornell Tech campus on New York City’s Roosevelt Island. Serving as the island’s first hotel, Graduate Roosevelt Island will mark the brand’s New York City debut. Located at 22 North Loop Road, the hotel will be managed by Highgate and will offer a scholastic retreat in the middle of the East River with bright, modern spaces and breathtaking views of Manhattan, Queens and beyond.
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country and expanding into the U.K. in summer 2021. Each property celebrates and commemorates the optimistic energy of its community, while offering an extended retreat to places that often play host to the best days of our lives.
Positioned at the entrance of the Cornell Tech campus, the hotel is architecturally designed by internationally renowned design firm, Snøhetta, and New York City-based hospitality-focused architecture firm, Stonehill Taylor, with interior design from Graduate Hotels’ in-house team. The interior design of the hotel blends Old School and New Age, taking inspiration from both the rich history of Roosevelt Island and the future of technology that the Cornell Tech campus embodies. The futuristic, fashionable and the functional meld to create a space that’s bright, open and always interesting.
Los Angeles-based hospitality team and New York City natives, Med Abrous and Marc Rose are the exclusive food and beverage partners at Graduate Roosevelt Island, marking the duo’s homecoming to the city. The hotel will include an all-day, full-service restaurant on the ground level, an extraordinary indoor-outdoor rooftop bar and lounge with unobstructed, sweeping views of the city and over 3,000 square feet of onsite flexible meeting space all concepted and operated by Abrous and Rose.
Easily accessible from the F Train, NYC Ferry, the Tramway and by car, Graduate Roosevelt Island invites locals looking for a convenient getaway from the city and visitors curious to experience New York City from a new perspective. Rates start at $219 per night.
Graduate Roosevelt Island is the 29th Graduate Hotels®️ property. For more information, visit: https://www.graduatehotels.com/roosevelt-island/
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 28 hotels across the U.S. and an additional eight hotels set to open by the end of 2022. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated global real estate developer, owner and operator, founded by Ben Weprin in 2008 and based in Nashville. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit http://www.graduatehotels.com.
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Dallas, London, Miami, Seattle and Waikiki. www.highgate.com.
More recent news from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Senator José Serrano’s disingenuous claims don’t cut it as RIOC board conflict deepensAs Jeffrey Escobar did the right thing as a nonresident, resigning from RIOC’s board of directors, State Senator José Serrano openly mislead the community about his role. The Roosevelt Islander blog reported his comments from a September 30th meeting. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News State Senator José Serrano on His Role in
- The Ugly AVAC Breakdown Now Extends Trash Heaps Through Roosevelt LandingsThe crisis caused by a nearly six month AVAC breakdown grew, this week,as the trash collection mess extended into Roosevelt Landings. Roosevelt Landings is the community’s largest resident complex. Photos of smelly trash bags, stacked at curbs, Manhattan-style, underscores RIOC incompetence as well as indifference. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The AVAC
- Canadian Geese Graze Through a Gentle Autumn in Southpoint ParkAs a slow and gentle autumn eases across New York, a small crew of Canadian Geese share the sunset in Roosevelt Island‘s Southpoint Park. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- You’re Invited: Public Opening Reception for Connie Tanner’s “The Roosevelts” at the Octagon GalleryOpening Reception: Thursday, October 21 from 5-8 pm 2021 Venue: Octagon Gallery – 888 Main St. Roosevelt Island, NY 10044 Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- A Headless Roosevelt Island Lighthouse… Is It Still a Lighthouse?The now headless Roosevelt Island Lighthouse poses a dilemma. Once a lighthouse loses its head, is it still a lighthouse? The Roosevelt Island Daily News By any of its previous names – Blackwell Island Lighthouse, Welfare Island Lighthouse – the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse, over nearly 150 years, never lost its head. It’s historic plus, designed