The waiting’s over. The Graduate Hotel on the Cornell Tech campus on Roosevelt Island is ready for taking reservations. The chain’s communications department said today that the facility “is now accepting reservations for bookings beginning June 1.”
Officials earlier told The Daily that the opening was expected this summer, but this moves the date a few weeks ahead of that.
Interested in Graduate Hotel reservations? The website is active, right now: Roosevelt Island Graduate Hotel Reservations.
Graduate Hotel Reservations begin… Read the Press Release:
New York – Graduate Hotels® announces today that Graduate Roosevelt Island is now accepting reservations for stays beginning June 1st, 2021. The 224-key, 18-story hotel will open as part of the Graduate Hotels collection at the Cornell Tech campus on New York City’s Roosevelt Island. Serving as the island’s first hotel, Graduate Roosevelt Island will mark the brand’s New York City debut. Located at 22 North Loop Road, the hotel will be managed by Highgate and will offer a scholastic retreat in the middle of the East River with bright, modern spaces and breathtaking views of Manhattan, Queens and beyond.
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country and expanding into the U.K. in summer 2021. Each property celebrates and commemorates the optimistic energy of its community, while offering an extended retreat to places that often play host to the best days of our lives.
Positioned at the entrance of the Cornell Tech campus, the hotel is architecturally designed by internationally renowned design firm, Snøhetta, and New York City-based hospitality-focused architecture firm, Stonehill Taylor, with interior design from Graduate Hotels’ in-house team. The interior design of the hotel blends Old School and New Age, taking inspiration from both the rich history of Roosevelt Island and the future of technology that the Cornell Tech campus embodies. The futuristic, fashionable and the functional meld to create a space that’s bright, open and always interesting.
Los Angeles-based hospitality team and New York City natives, Med Abrous and Marc Rose are the exclusive food and beverage partners at Graduate Roosevelt Island, marking the duo’s homecoming to the city. The hotel will include an all-day, full-service restaurant on the ground level, an extraordinary indoor-outdoor rooftop bar and lounge with unobstructed, sweeping views of the city and over 3,000 square feet of onsite flexible meeting space all concepted and operated by Abrous and Rose.
Easily accessible from the F Train, NYC Ferry, the Tramway and by car, Graduate Roosevelt Island invites locals looking for a convenient getaway from the city and visitors curious to experience New York City from a new perspective. Rates start at $219 per night.
Graduate Roosevelt Island is the 29th Graduate Hotels®️ property. For more information, visit: https://www.graduatehotels.com/roosevelt-island/
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 28 hotels across the U.S. and an additional eight hotels set to open by the end of 2022. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated global real estate developer, owner and operator, founded by Ben Weprin in 2008 and based in Nashville. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit http://www.graduatehotels.com.
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Dallas, London, Miami, Seattle and Waikiki. www.highgate.com.
More recent news from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- When You Think About Your Health, Don’t Forget Your EyesBernard J. WolfsonSeptember 22, 2023 I vividly remember that late Friday afternoon when my eye pressure spiked and I staggered on foot to my ophthalmologist’s office as the rapidly thickening fog in my field of vision shrouded passing cars and traffic lights. The office was already closed, but the whole eye care team was there … Read more
- Americans now want gun restrictions for those convicted of domestic violenceOriginally published by The 19th Your trusted source for contextualizing America’s core issues. Sign up for our daily newsletter. Want to support this work? Donate today. Michele Bell wishes more politicians knew what she saw in her 50 years working as a nurse at a Houston hospital, where she cared for countless women who had … Read more
- A Fabulous New Haynes Lawsuit Gets Crain’s Attention AgainFiled last week, the new Shelton Haynes lawsuit required an article here, but that’s where it should have ended. But Crain’s New York got wind of it and couldn’t resist. Missing much of the substance and misconstruing more, their report embarrasses Roosevelt Island and repeats unsubstantiated claims by Haynes. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island … Read more
- How to Get the New COVID-19 Vaccine in New York CityThe newest shot is not a booster, and it’s available at pharmacies at no cost. Here’s how to make your appointment for a jab. Rachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on Sep 21 5:00am EDT by THE CITY ‘Tis the season for a new COVID vaccine. If it’s been more than … Read more
- Building a Better World for People With PMDDAugust 31, 2023 by Ciara McLaren For one week of every month, I have a very bad time. My back aches so badly I struggle to stand up straight. My mood swings from frantic to bleak. My concentration flags; it’s difficult to send an email. Then, my period starts, and the curse is lifted. I … Read more