In an act of unmitigated gall, RIOC thanked itself for the 4th of July celebration after blocking residents from using Southpoint, the public park they pay for. The tweet embraces the “planning committee,” consisting of Altheria Jackson, Mary Cunneen, Kevin Brown, Anthony Amoroso and Wanda Coleman. Roosevelt Islanders are never mentioned.
by David Stone
RIOC’s 4th of July Tweet:
July 4th Celebration Recap! We wanted to sincerely thank our RIOC team, our partners and stakeholders for your commitment and assistance. A special thank you to the RIOC planning committee: Altheria Jackson, Mary Cunneen, Kevin Brown, Anthony Amoroso and Wanda Coleman
While much of the video shows people crowded together in shadeless meadows on Cornell Tech’s Campus, one sequence includes a view from the Shelton J. Haynes/Langan Rock Farm in Southpoint where no one else was permitted.
Also from the Roosevelt Island daily news
- When You Think About Your Health, Don’t Forget Your EyesBernard J. WolfsonSeptember 22, 2023 I vividly remember that late Friday afternoon when my eye pressure spiked and I staggered on foot to my ophthalmologist’s office as the rapidly thickening fog in my field of … Read more
- Americans now want gun restrictions for those convicted of domestic violenceOriginally published by The 19th Your trusted source for contextualizing America’s core issues. Sign up for our daily newsletter. Want to support this work? Donate today. Michele Bell wishes more politicians knew what she saw … Read more
- A Fabulous New Haynes Lawsuit Gets Crain’s Attention AgainFiled last week, the new Shelton Haynes lawsuit required an article here, but that’s where it should have ended. But Crain’s New York got wind of it and couldn’t resist. Missing much of the substance … Read more
- How to Get the New COVID-19 Vaccine in New York CityThe newest shot is not a booster, and it’s available at pharmacies at no cost. Here’s how to make your appointment for a jab. Rachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on … Read more
- Building a Better World for People With PMDDAugust 31, 2023 by Ciara McLaren For one week of every month, I have a very bad time. My back aches so badly I struggle to stand up straight. My mood swings from frantic to … Read more