The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) surprised residents in its New York City neighborhood last week, opening a new branch office in the Dominican Republic, over a thousand miles away from its area of responsibility. The new location was inadvertently exposed in a tweet from Higüey.
by David Stone
The Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) has shocked residents by opening a new branch office in the Dominican Republic, over a thousand miles away from its area of responsibility.
This move has baffled many, who can’t understand why RIOC would want to open an office so far from home. Some have speculated that the corporation is simply trying to escape the cold winters of New York City. Others believe that RIOC is hoping to tap into the Dominican Republic’s thriving tourism market.
Whatever the reason, one thing is clear: this move is sure to be a headache for residents of Roosevelt Island, who will now have to travel even further just for senior parking permits. We can only hope that RIOC knows what it’s doing.
Is there any evidence that RIOC knows what it’s doing?
There is no evidence that RIOC knows what it’s doing. The corporation has not released any statement explaining its reasoning for opening a branch office in the Dominican Republic, and residents are understandably baffled by the move.
RIOC’s silence on the matter only adds to the mystery, and many Roosevelt Island residents are left wondering if the corporation is simply trying to escape the cold winters of New York City, or if it is hoping to tap into the Dominican Republic’s thriving tourism market. Or is it something else?
Only time will tell what RIOC’s true intentions are, but for now, residents are justifiably concerned about the corporation’s sudden expansion.
Please help us by supporting independent local reporting.
More from the roosevelt island daily news
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe.
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of
- Can Bromance Turn Into Romance?Hollywood would have us believe that bromance is simply a close, Platonic friendship between two men. But what if there’s more to it than that? What if bromance can turn into something deeper, something more
- 10 Reasons why you’d love living on the Upper West Side in New York CityHave you ever thought about living on the Upper West Side in New York City? Well, if you haven’t, you should! Here are 10 reasons why: by David Stone AD-> “Living on the UWS just
- Racism on the Red Bus: Lost and Found or Left Behind?Racism on the Red Bus stunk its way onto an Octagon Red Bus yesterday, the first day of Black History Month. Found on a seat, it was either lost or – more likely – deliberately