The embattled state agency made no public announcement but posted this on Twitter.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Final Districting Map Now Sends Roosevelt Island Back HomeAfter weeks of push and pull, the final district map released yesterday returned Roosevelt Island to its lifetime home in Manhattan. A first map yanked the community, along with chunks of the Upper East Side,
- THE GOP’S 2022 PLATFORM IS A GRAB BAG OF NUTTINESSWhen not attacking the Muppets, the party’s leading figures have spent the year laying out plans to tax the poor and eliminate Social Security. By Jim Hightower | September 28, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island
- THE COLLAPSE OF LOCAL NEWSPAPERS HELPS HACKS SPREAD LIES“Critical race theory” panic owes its rise to thousands of fake websites filling the gaps left by real, independent newspapers. By Jim Hightower | October 5, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News One noisy
- Right-Sizing RIOC Now: Cut Bloated Public Safety StaffingThe common sense cutting of Public Safety staffing has nothing to do with “defunding” the police. Public Safety Officers are not police. We already pay for that in city taxes. But they are an inexcusable
- Stymied on OMNY for the Tram, Will RIOC Dip Deep into the Past?Stymied on OMNY, the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) may have a solution. Cowed by bullying MTA brass, RIOC’s deep thinkers are rumored to be dipping into transit history for alternatives. As the story goes,