Enjoy New York City Weather while it’s nice today because topsy-turvy swings will bring extremes over the next several days. Today will be mild, but tonight’s gonna be wild.
by David Stone
New York City Weather: From Mild to Wild
Don’t let unseasonably mild conditions today fool you. It will be cloudy with a high around 60, but that changes fast overnight. Rainfall starts this evening and gets heavy later. The worst part, though, are predicted gale force winds of 25 to 35 miles per hour. The national weather service issued a wind advisory for gusts over 50 between 11:00 p.m. tonight and Friday morning at 10:00.
On Friday, it stays windy, driving temperatures from an early high of 61 all the way down to 35 by day’s end.
High winds whirl up again on Saturday when temperatures rebound into the 40s. But the whipsawing New York City weather mellows to a calmer 39 degrees on Sunday under clear skies.
For the coming week, more of the same. High temperatures top out around 60 by Wednesday before plummeting on Thursday with possible snow showers in the afternoon.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Final Districting Map Now Sends Roosevelt Island Back HomeAfter weeks of push and pull, the final district map released yesterday returned Roosevelt Island to its lifetime home in Manhattan. A first map yanked the community, along with chunks of the Upper East Side,
- THE GOP’S 2022 PLATFORM IS A GRAB BAG OF NUTTINESSWhen not attacking the Muppets, the party’s leading figures have spent the year laying out plans to tax the poor and eliminate Social Security. By Jim Hightower | September 28, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island
- THE COLLAPSE OF LOCAL NEWSPAPERS HELPS HACKS SPREAD LIES“Critical race theory” panic owes its rise to thousands of fake websites filling the gaps left by real, independent newspapers. By Jim Hightower | October 5, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News One noisy
- Right-Sizing RIOC Now: Cut Bloated Public Safety StaffingThe common sense cutting of Public Safety staffing has nothing to do with “defunding” the police. Public Safety Officers are not police. We already pay for that in city taxes. But they are an inexcusable
- Stymied on OMNY for the Tram, Will RIOC Dip Deep into the Past?Stymied on OMNY, the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) may have a solution. Cowed by bullying MTA brass, RIOC’s deep thinkers are rumored to be dipping into transit history for alternatives. As the story goes,