Enjoy New York City Weather while it’s nice today because topsy-turvy swings will bring extremes over the next several days. Today will be mild, but tonight’s gonna be wild.
by David Stone
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
New York City Weather: From Mild to Wild
Don’t let unseasonably mild conditions today fool you. It will be cloudy with a high around 60, but that changes fast overnight. Rainfall starts this evening and gets heavy later. The worst part, though, are predicted gale force winds of 25 to 35 miles per hour. The national weather service issued a wind advisory for gusts over 50 between 11:00 p.m. tonight and Friday morning at 10:00.
On Friday, it stays windy, driving temperatures from an early high of 61 all the way down to 35 by day’s end.
High winds whirl up again on Saturday when temperatures rebound into the 40s. But the whipsawing New York City weather mellows to a calmer 39 degrees on Sunday under clear skies.
For the coming week, more of the same. High temperatures top out around 60 by Wednesday before plummeting on Thursday with possible snow showers in the afternoon.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Why RIOC’s New Constituent Services Department Is Total Bull-oneyNext up in its Hall of Cringe-Worthy Moments, RIOC’s screaming headline declares, “PRESIDENT HAYNES ANNOUNCES NEW CONSTITUENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT WITHIN RIOC.” It scores a triple crown of hypocritical, condescending and stupid. How can this highly
- Will Roosevelt Island Day Be Diminished Again This Year?Roosevelt Island Day shrunk after 2019, partly because of excessive COVID-19 concerns, but what happens in 2023? President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes’s organizers can regain some lost community support, returning some enthusiasm for 2023. But the
- From Jazz to Hip-Hop: How Harlem Transformed into a Groovy Hub of Music in New York CityThe culturally rich neighborhood of Harlem in New York City has been an epicenter for music since the early 20th century. From the birth of jazz to hip-hop, Harlem has served as a breeding ground
- Broadway Unmasked: Behind the Theatre District’s Meteoric RiseBroadway is an iconic part of American culture, a place where dreams come true and stories are brought to life. From its humble beginnings as a small collection of theaters in the late 19th century,
- Lunatic Fringe – Is Shelton Haynes Job-Hunting on Your Dime?Reporting that “He’s at it again” isn’t enough as what looks for all the world like RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes job-hunting secures a spot cleanly on the lunatic fringe. In a new paid public
[…] NYC Weather for Roosevelt Island: It will be mild today, but it’s gonna be wild tonight, etc. […]
[…] as 60 degree weather brought strollers out on the promenades and on Main Street. The other half of topsy-turvy lands […]