While the COVID surge keeps the CBN/RI Senior Center closed for now, out friends at the Carter Burden Network has some online activities for you.
Getting your week off to a great start, every Monday
And, then, this week, cool down with some tea…
Take time Tuesday for a good book…
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Is there a connection between school bullying and mental health?School bullying is a serious problem that can have lasting consequences for both the victims and the perpetrators. Some experts believe that there may be a link between school bullying and mental health problems. If
- Why did the counterculture start? How it’s reflected todayIn the late 1960s, young people across America were rebelling against the “square” Establishment. They started the counterculture movement with changes in music, fashion, and lifestyle. But why did this counterculture start? Let’s take a
- What Does Free Thinking Mean Now? Lessons From the Counterculture“You’re never too old to learn,” people say. And they’re right – I’m currently learning about the art of free-thinking from the hippie counterculture. It’s been an interesting (and somewhat eye-opening) experience, to say the
- OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram Now Edge CloserTestifying before state lawmakers yesterday, MTA chief Janno Lieber answered a question about OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram. It wasn’t great, but it was much better than the hardball his agency took last November.
- What is school bullying and its consequences for kids?School bullying is a big problem that can have serious consequences for kids. Bullying can make kids feel isolated, scared, and unsafe. It can also lead to physical and emotional harm. If you suspect your