The Carter Burden Network (CBN), going into the new year, adds two new programs on Zoom for the Roosevelt Island Senior Center.
| STRENGTH CLASS WITH ROAD RUNNERS STRIDERS|
First Class this Thursday, December 30th.
Every Thursday from 10am – 11am
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 4733 4750
|BALANCE WORKSHOP WITH SID|
First Class on Monday, January 3rd.
Every Monday from 1:30pm- 2:30pm J
oin Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 834 7973 9413
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Sources tell The Daily that redistricting will cost us Serrano but Maloney and Seawright stay for nowThe 2020 Census demands redistricting responsive to the current population. This brings a once every decade shift in district boundaries and community representatives. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Redistricting Means Change With votes on redistricting due soon, our Albany-connected sources signal change on the way. For the most part, our assembly, senate
- Near blizzard conditions possible as coastal storm zeros in on New York CityThe coastal storm we reported on yesterday has grown more clearly defined. The National Weather Service upgraded the “Watch” to a “Warning” with concerning details. Closings and parking restrictions below. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The Coastal Storm, According to the National Weather Service: “Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6
- Dave Kapell Finally Leaves RIOC Board, Four Months After Our RequestWhen we learned, in early October, that board members Dave Kapell and Jeffrey Escobar no longer lived on Roosevelt Island, The Daily asked both to resign. Their appointments were based on their residency. Escobar, always an ethical Island volunteer in multiple projects, complied right away. Kapell, an Andrew Cuomo pal, did not – until yesterday.
- Albany Democrats Seize Control of Redistricting, With Unclear Role for PublicClifford Michel and Farah Javed, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jan 26 at 9:59pm ESTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. After years of championing an “independent” commission to control the crucial redrawing of congressional and legislative districts, Democratic state leaders are taking over the process.
- Watch on for up to a foot of snow, starting tomorrow across New York CityUp to a foot of snow is forecast for Roosevelt Island and the rest of New York City. An official Winter Storm Watch is on, with flakes piling up, starting Friday night. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News A Foot of Snow Possible, This Weekend The coastal storm, fed by a clash of