News that the AVAC is broken again stumbled out of RIOC‘s alleged Communications Team’s alert system yesterday afternoon. We think so, that is, because they said, “…under service repair…” instead. We interpret that as meaning “broken.”
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
The AVAC Is Broken Alert
Please be advised that the AVAC system is under service repair at the following locations:
- 531 Main St.
- South of the AVAC plant (728 Main St.) to 460 Main St. (along the east side line)
The NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY) is currently onsite working on the issue.
As lacking as it is in details, the alert’s a step up for the state agency that never makes a mistake. Previously, they let the stink accumulate for two months before public shaming pushed them into a public notice.
But it’s still lame. 531 Main is Rivercross and 460 Main is the new, discounted rental property in Southtown, the same area blamed for shutting down the AVAC for months, starting in the spring. Although it has not been consistently functional at any time since May, RIOC blamed an improperly discarded bed frame. That, however, was cleared out in September.
What’s the problem now? They don’t say. What buildings are out of service? They don’t say. And, for how long… well, this is RIOC and you know the answer.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Theory of Karma – What It Means and Where It Came FromThrough research, I’ve conducted an in-depth analysis of the concept of karma and its viability. This analysis includes a brief explanation of the theory of karma, its historical and cultural context. It required a review
- Stiff Prices, Unfulfilled Orders: How the Private Contractor Running Rikers Commissary Serves DetaineesBianca Pallaro and Reuven Blau, The City This article was originally published on Jun 9 5:00am EDT by THE CITY In April 2022, the New York City Department of Correction signed a no-bid contract with
- Haynes at it again. Someone please offer this man a new jobIt looks like a long campaign for a new job. Why else would anyone push this nonsense? “Given a problematic task nearly 50 years ago, the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation established and slowly grew a
- Staying Inside Won’t Protect You from Smoke Unless the Air is CleanSamantha Maldonado, The City This article was originally published on Jun 8 8:38pm EDT by THE CITY As New York City’s air quality remained unhealthy due to Canadian wildfires, Mayor Eric Adams encouraged New Yorkers
- Gap Show – RIVAA’s New Idea Surprises Next Week at the GalleryWhat is a gap show? We’re about to find out on Wednesday June 14th, when RIVAA‘s artists surprise visitors with a themed show. With ten days to run, they will fill the walls with inspiration