News that the AVAC is broken again stumbled out of RIOC‘s alleged Communications Team’s alert system yesterday afternoon. We think so, that is, because they said, “…under service repair…” instead. We interpret that as meaning “broken.”
The AVAC Is Broken Alert
Please be advised that the AVAC system is under service repair at the following locations:
- 531 Main St.
- South of the AVAC plant (728 Main St.) to 460 Main St. (along the east side line)
The NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY) is currently onsite working on the issue.
As lacking as it is in details, the alert’s a step up for the state agency that never makes a mistake. Previously, they let the stink accumulate for two months before public shaming pushed them into a public notice.
But it’s still lame. 531 Main is Rivercross and 460 Main is the new, discounted rental property in Southtown, the same area blamed for shutting down the AVAC for months, starting in the spring. Although it has not been consistently functional at any time since May, RIOC blamed an improperly discarded bed frame. That, however, was cleared out in September.
What’s the problem now? They don’t say. What buildings are out of service? They don’t say. And, for how long… well, this is RIOC and you know the answer.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Rebecca Seawright: Keep Roosevelt Island in Manhattan Assembly DistrictUsing forceful language and logic, 76th District State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright argued in favor of Roosevelt Islanders’ interests. Her message, delivered for a Districting Commission hearing, reasoned against a proposed map that shifts the
- Is there a connection between school bullying and mental health?School bullying is a serious problem that can have lasting consequences for both the victims and the perpetrators. Some experts believe that there may be a link between school bullying and mental health problems. If
- Why did the counterculture start? How it’s reflected todayIn the late 1960s, young people across America were rebelling against the “square” Establishment. They started the counterculture movement with changes in music, fashion, and lifestyle. But why did this counterculture start? Let’s take a
- What Does Free Thinking Mean Now? Lessons From the Counterculture“You’re never too old to learn,” people say. And they’re right – I’m currently learning about the art of free-thinking from the hippie counterculture. It’s been an interesting (and somewhat eye-opening) experience, to say the
- OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram Now Edge CloserTestifying before state lawmakers yesterday, MTA chief Janno Lieber answered a question about OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram. It wasn’t great, but it was much better than the hardball his agency took last November.