Because plans for the 9/11 Tribute remain vague as well as late, we thought our readers might appreciate clearer directions for locating the Roosevelt Island 9/11 Memorial Tree.
Locate the Tree by walking the lane between Nisi and the Good Shepherd Community Center.
That should make it easy to find for anyone hoping to pay their respects, plant flags or leave flowers.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Now They’re Coming for Your Beer and My WineThere’s no mistaking the trend, driven by poor science. Federal government resources are coming for your beer and my wine. The CDC says every little swallow adds risk to your life and health, but looked at more closely, how serious are these risks anyway? More importantly, is it good science? by David Stone TheCenters of … Read more
- New Art: Woman with a Parasol in Central ParkTimes change, and we are taking a fresh approach and looking at the world through art. In 1875, Claude Monet painted his early masterpiece, Woman with a Parasol – Madame Monet and Her Son. It’s the earliest days of impression and a soft approach to color and object discovers the most beautiful essentials of the … Read more
- Free This Week-Register for “Theater of War” at Four FreedomsA cast of stars reads from the Theater of War, from Sophocles’s Ajax, about “…the visible and invisible wounds of war.” The performance is followed by community panelist remarks and a facilitated audience discussion. The Roosevelt Island Daily News When: Wednesday, September 27 · 5 – 7 pm EDT (FREE: Registration Required) Where: FDR Four … Read more
- Adams Campaign Repeatedly Ignored Regulators’ Demands to Identify Supporters Behind $300,000 in ContributionsThe Campaign Finance Board flagged 600 donations suspected of having been gathered by undisclosed bundlers in potential violation of campaign finance rules. Several of the contributions figure in a recent indictment by the Manhattan DA. George Joseph, Bianca Pallaro, and Tom Robbins, The City This article was originally published on Sep 22 5:00am EDT by … Read more
- Can Narcissists Change? What the Research Says NowNarcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is challenging, not just for the individual who has it, but also for those of us around them. It’s frustrating, and you find yourself wondering: Can a narcissist change? Let’s explore this question, providing insights from mental health professionals and recent research findings. Edited by David Stone As a journalist, I … Read more