Sure, dumb and dumber is a cliche, but how else can you describe the domino-like parade of stupid, callous behavior? New governor? So what? Nothing changed.
By David Stone
Dumb and Dumber, the Sequence
UPDATE, 9-12-21: Is the third time the charm? Maybe. Yesterday, RIOC amended their disabled access signs, redirecting visitors to the appropriate rear entrance. The signs are poorly placed, well inside the grounds, instead of at the entrance where they’d save steps.
But with this crew, we’ll take whatever we can get.
END OF UPDATE
A couple of weeks back, we reported on how RIOC sidewalk construction crews sent wheelchairs, pedestrians and stroller mom’s direct into oncoming traffic.
Then, not to be outdone, we caught RIOC directing disabled visitors at Blackwell House straight into bushes or construction, no other alternative.
Stupid and uncaring, yes. But when you consider that this is outside the door RIOC president/CEO Shelton J. Haynes uses entering and leaving his office every day, it approaches breathtaking.
But if you want dumb and dumber, the state agency that never makes a mistake went one giant step further. A photo shot today…
A new governor seems to have made no difference. An EADD outbreak fully emptied RIOC’s capacity for thinking.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Behind Closed Doors at RIOC, the Strange Promotion of Tajuna SharpeSources tell us that RIOC human resources director Tajuna Sharpe was quietly made Assistant Vice President. No formal announcement followed, but questions rose because of her critical role in the firing of Susan Rosenthal. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Tajuna Sharpe and Her Role in the Controversial Firing of Susan Rosenthal “Tajuna
- The George Braithwaite Table Tennis Court unveiling at Capobianco FieldThe Roosevelt Island Daily News The George Braithwaite Table Tennis Court will be unveiled at Capobianco Field, Roosevelt Island, during the late sportsman’s Ping Pong Diplomacy Commemoration on Saturday, Oct. 23, reports Caribbean Life News. Braithwaite, who died last October, was born in Guyana but spent most of his life on Roosevelt Island. Read his
- Yachts Cruise Under the Roosevelt Island Bridge. Everyone Else WaitsEmergency vehicles, cars, bike and pedestrians wait while yachts cruise freely under the Roosevelt Island Bridge during UN Week. Didn’t anyone think about the risks? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News It’s UN Week, and some disruptions are necessary for security. The Roosevelt Island Bridge draws up, allowing taller vessels to pass. But
- MTA on ‘Mask Blitz’ Following Reports of Low ComplianceJose Martinez, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Sep 22 at 5:27pm EDTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. Police officers and transit workers distributed a record 26,000 masks in the transit system in the first three weeks of this month — topping the total for the
- Across the East River from Roosevelt Island, new clean energyA report in the New York Post says the state awarded a contract for the Clean Path Project. A 174 mile line will carry clean energy from Delaware County into New York City. Roosevelt Island Daily News The final destination is Con Ed’s Rainey Substation, just north of the Roosevelt Island Bridge. But you wouldn’t