Roy Eaton’s back in Bryant Park for the lunchtime piano series, starting September 13th. The legendary Roosevelt Islander is 92 and all but unstoppable.
By David Stone
When I ran into Roy yesterday, he confirmed the the news he shared earlier.
Neither a severe stroke in 2017, his age nor COVID-19 fears will prevent his playing live again, this year. His annual performances were singular events until COVID shut the series down in 2020.
Roy’s gigs are as spiritual as they are musical as he invites listeners to enter into the peaceful universe of transcendental meditation. (Read his story here.)
His solo piano playing begins at 12:30 and runs for two hours. You can join in whenever you like or stay for the whole show. It’s free, and Bryant Park is a lovely venue. Dates are Monday September 13th thru Thursday September 16th.
We hope to see you there.
Roy Eaton, honored as “the Jackie Robinson of Advertising” entered the Advertising Hall of Fame in 2010.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Behind Closed Doors at RIOC, the Strange Promotion of Tajuna SharpeSources tell us that RIOC human resources director Tajuna Sharpe was quietly made Assistant Vice President. No formal announcement followed, but questions rose because of her critical role in the firing of Susan Rosenthal. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Tajuna Sharpe and Her Role in the Controversial Firing of Susan Rosenthal “Tajuna
- The George Braithwaite Table Tennis Court unveiling at Capobianco FieldThe Roosevelt Island Daily News The George Braithwaite Table Tennis Court will be unveiled at Capobianco Field, Roosevelt Island, during the late sportsman’s Ping Pong Diplomacy Commemoration on Saturday, Oct. 23, reports Caribbean Life News. Braithwaite, who died last October, was born in Guyana but spent most of his life on Roosevelt Island. Read his
- Yachts Cruise Under the Roosevelt Island Bridge. Everyone Else WaitsEmergency vehicles, cars, bike and pedestrians wait while yachts cruise freely under the Roosevelt Island Bridge during UN Week. Didn’t anyone think about the risks? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News It’s UN Week, and some disruptions are necessary for security. The Roosevelt Island Bridge draws up, allowing taller vessels to pass. But
- MTA on ‘Mask Blitz’ Following Reports of Low ComplianceJose Martinez, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Sep 22 at 5:27pm EDTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. Police officers and transit workers distributed a record 26,000 masks in the transit system in the first three weeks of this month — topping the total for the
- Across the East River from Roosevelt Island, new clean energyA report in the New York Post says the state awarded a contract for the Clean Path Project. A 174 mile line will carry clean energy from Delaware County into New York City. Roosevelt Island Daily News The final destination is Con Ed’s Rainey Substation, just north of the Roosevelt Island Bridge. But you wouldn’t