Introspective Retrospection, a solo exhibit by pastelist Georgette Sinclair, opens next weekend at Roosevelt Island’s Gallery RIVAA. This show is the product of a COVID year spent thinking about what she loves and its place in her art.
We’ll have more to come, but for now, here’s a taste of what you’ll enjoy at this landmark art exhibit.
A winter scene in Good Shepherd Plaza. “I love winter,” the artist says, and you can tell.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Factors That Affect Commercial Solar Panels’ EfficiencyWant to know how to ensure optimal commercial solar panel efficiency? Explore the various factors that influence performance, from weather to cleanliness.
- Get Your Girl Scout Cookies NowLeire and Itziar are selling Girl Scout Cookies, offering FREE Shipping from March 20 -27. 5-package minimum and 12-package maximum per order. You can place as many orders as you want. We also offer Girl Delivery with a Smile and a Thank you note. We are Junior Girl Scouts of Troop 3233, we are working
- The US Remains a Grim Leader in Preterm Births. Why? And Can We Fix It?Tamara Etienne’s second pregnancy was freighted with risk and worry from its earliest days — exacerbated by a first pregnancy that had ended in miscarriage. A third-grade teacher at an overcrowded Miami-Dade County public school, she spent harried days on her feet. Financial worries weighed heavy, even with health insurance and some paid time off
- Common Woodworking Problems and SolutionsProfessionals and hobbyists understand the woes of woodworking. Fortunately, a few woodworking problems have smart solutions you should know.
- Immobilized Astor Place Cube Slated to Spin Again by SummerThe iconic Astor Place Cube, which has been immobilized for nearly a year because of structural damage, would be restored to its original free-spinning glory by July 17, under a proposal from the city Department of Transportation obtained by THE CITY. Yoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Mar 16 at 5:55
[…] Georgette Sinclair’s exhibit of paintings, Introspective Retrospection, opens at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main Street on Roosevelt Island. Meet the artist at a free opening […]
[…] Sinclair’s mom is pastelist Georgette Sinclair who also escaped communist Romania for life in New York […]