RIOC, the state agency that never makes a mistake, will not tell residents when it happens, but you can see and smell when the AVAC is broken in Southtown. Again.
But there’s still no way of knowing when RIOC will fix it.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- GOOD NEWS FOR THE 65 MILLION AMERICANS WHO RELY ON SOCIAL SECURITYWith their run-off victory in Georgia, Democrats now have a mandate to protect Social Security. Here’s what they need to do next. By Nancy J. Altman | December 7, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Social Security was on the ballot in Georgia’s December 6 run-off election. Senator Reverend Raphael Warnock’s re-election victory there
- Team RIOC Is Missing. Organize the Search Party Right AwayAt noon on November 9th, one month ago, a RIOC Advisory said, “Please be advised that there was a water main break affecting the water access to the Lighthouse Comfort Station’s restrooms and the North Dog Run’s water fountain. Team RIOC will be working around the clock to have the water restored.” But there were
- The Girl Puzzle Deserted in Lighthouse Park, Just One Year LaterWith just short-term historical memory in play, The Girl Puzzle, deserted like a no longer cuddly stuffed doll, is troubling. Hundreds of dollars plus priceless creativity went into putting it there, and now wasting in the rain… Why? by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Just a year ago, in an exciting ribbon-cutting ceremony,
- The Art of Complaining Like a Pro NowEveryone has experienced a situation where they find themselves complaining about something. Maybe you got bad service at a restaurant, or your flight was delayed, or your phone isn’t working properly. In these cases, it’s helpful knowing the art of complaining effectively. With the right attitude and approach, you can actually get what you want
- What was it like living in New York City in the early 20th Century?Have you ever wondered what it was like to live in New York City during the early 20th century? Well, today we’re taking a little trip back in time to explore what life was like for people living in one of the most iconic cities in America. From the bustling streets of Manhattan to the