RIOC’s special gift for Roosevelt Island, amateurish and klutzy, comes wrapped in duct tape. And its message is indecipherable. But the one thing it does is keep the patroon’s special parking privileges safe from violation by anyone who lives here.
By David Stone
RIOC’s special “gift” start with something taken away.
Tuesday morning, the patroon was absent again, but the minion gave up one parking spot out of four to an unidentified favorite.
“Sheldon is off the island and this vehicle is parked…must be really important!” one resident noted, sending along his own photo.
But more intriguing are the traffic cones someone carefully placed inside the empty spaces, making clear that no one, other than the elites, was allowed to use them.
Note: The patroon’s special place is empty and without cones. He shouldn’t have to trouble himself to move one, should he decide to come to work on some whim.
But the highlight of RIOC’s special gift today must be seen up close for full appreciation…
Someone took the trouble to decorate the cones and their unreadable messages.
Incompetent… Unprofessional… Slipshod… We don’t really have a word for how ugly this is or how it insults those of us who call this Island home.
Is this what we’re paying upwards of $25 million a year for?
RIOC: the gift that keeps on giving.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Holy Transparency! RIOC coughs up a few details on their dark fiber project…It’s not that the details, released last evening, of the dark fiber project are so startling. No, it’s that RIOC coughed them up at all. Without being asked. By David Stone Roosevelt Island Daily News In a promising development, after hours on Tuesday, RIOC emailed an alert to its subscribers. “Installation of an inground fiber
- Quick Update: The Mysterious, Small East Promenade Sinkhole Is Now a Pile of DirtThe small East Promenade sinkhole evolved, this week, but we’re no closer to understanding the mystery RIOC’s creating. Here’s a quick update. By David Stone Roosevelt Island Daily News The small East Promenade sinkhole before. Always tainted with a CYA strain, RIOC, in the last year, became more like a secret society of elites. Although
- Daughter of a refugee, Emmy winning journalist, political activist – Kim Moscaritolo wants your vote for City CouncilKim Moscaritolo is running to replace Ben Kallos as 5th District City Council Member. The 5th covers the Upper East Side and Roosevelt Island. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Macy’s Flower Show 2021, In Case You Missed ItMacy’s Flower Show 2021 was unexpected. They scrambled, putting it together much faster than usual as COVID restrictions slowly lifted. We went on a photo safari for sharing with readers who may not be able to see it themselves. By David Stone Roosevelt Island Daily News Walking through Macy’s Flower Show 2021 When we moved
- At RIOC’s Swift COVID testing site, are consumers being gouged on prices and more?Are consumers being gouged on prices at RIOC’s Swift COVID testing site? According to information gleaned from a Kaiser Health Network report, they may be. And as Roosevelt Islanders foot the bills, profiteering appears to reach far beyond that. Here’s what we know, so far. By David Stone Roosevelt Island Daily News Lab companies have