May we suggest some options…?
Our homepage is always good: Roosevelt Island Daily News…
- Monkeypox Experts Debunk Myths & MisinformationCan monkeypox spread on the subway? Can it kill like COVID-19? Is it transmitted through sex? Misconceptions, myths and a lack of public knowledge on the monkeypox virus are widespread. Despite 57 percent of adults recently polled by Morning Consult feeling confident in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s ability to control the spread
- Susan Rosenthal’s Lawsuit Failed. Now Here’s Why…Susan Rosenthal’s lawsuit was dismissed this month as was an earlier effort last year. A judge not only rejected its basic claims but also implied that the strategy of both lawsuits was flawed. We asked a legal expert who is familiar with RIOC to give us a review. Here’s what we learned. by David Stone
- Julie Menin Brilliant on Redistricting: Keep Roosevelt Island in ManhattanWhile emotional appeals rally sentiment at public meetings and help fill petitions on Redistricting, City Council Member Julie Menin takes a different track. In a detailed letter (see below), she tells Districting Commission head, Dennis Walcott, why separating Roosevelt Island from Manhattan District 5 isn’t wise. Her logic includes Sutton Place and other pieces of
- Mediterranean Eatery: Now a Great New Food OptionFor six months, Alan Kruvi worked, mostly quietly, building his Mediterranean Eatery on Main Street. An Island House resident, Kruvi finished earlier this month and waited only for FDNY approval before serving up the best new food Roosevelt Island has seen in years. It’s the newest addition to Shops On Main. by David Stone The
- How Gov. Greg Abbott Texas-Sized a Crisis for NYC Mayor Eric AdamsFour months prior, he had announced that the state of Texas was planning to bus migrants from near the Texas-Mexico border to Washington, D.C., a move that drew mixed reviews — even among conservatives — and soon fell off the political radar. But then New York City Mayor Eric Adams began raising alarms about the