Opening Reception, free to the public, from 6:00 to 9:00…
- Monkeypox Experts Debunk Myths & MisinformationCan monkeypox spread on the subway? Can it kill like COVID-19? Is it transmitted through sex? Misconceptions, myths and a lack of public knowledge on the monkeypox virus are widespread.
- Susan Rosenthal’s Lawsuit Failed. Now Here’s Why…Susan Rosenthal’s lawsuit was dismissed this month as was an earlier effort last year. A judge not only rejected its basic claims but also implied that the strategy of both
- Julie Menin Brilliant on Redistricting: Keep Roosevelt Island in ManhattanWhile emotional appeals rally sentiment at public meetings and help fill petitions on Redistricting, City Council Member Julie Menin takes a different track. In a detailed letter (see below), she
- Mediterranean Eatery: Now a Great New Food OptionFor six months, Alan Kruvi worked, mostly quietly, building his Mediterranean Eatery on Main Street. An Island House resident, Kruvi finished earlier this month and waited only for FDNY approval
- How Gov. Greg Abbott Texas-Sized a Crisis for NYC Mayor Eric AdamsFour months prior, he had announced that the state of Texas was planning to bus migrants from near the Texas-Mexico border to Washington, D.C., a move that drew mixed reviews