After last week’s scary surge in the wrong direction, Roosevelt Island coronavirus rates are back to normal, this week. As New York City rates dived below 6% for the first time in 2021, local numbers followed.
For the seven day period ending April 8th — the latest available — Zip Code 10044 registered a 1.81% positivity rate. The Department of Health uses a 7-day rolling average. That’s based on 443 tests with only 8 positives.
A big dip back from 2.66%, which now looks more like an anomaly, a blip on the radar.
We’re not back to the top five in city Zip Codes, but we’re in the top ten.
New York City’s overall rate was 5.86%.
The latest news for Roosevelt Island…
- Is there a connection between school bullying and mental health?School bullying is a serious problem that can have lasting consequences for both the victims and the perpetrators. Some experts believe that there may be a link between school bullying and mental health problems. If you or someone you know is being bullied, it’s important to get help. by David Stone School bullying among children
- Why did the counterculture start? How it’s reflected todayIn the late 1960s, young people across America were rebelling against the “square” Establishment. They started the counterculture movement with changes in music, fashion, and lifestyle. But why did this counterculture start? Let’s take a look at the reasons behind the rebellion. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, young people challenged traditional values The
- What Does Free Thinking Mean Now? Lessons From the Counterculture“You’re never too old to learn,” people say. And they’re right – I’m currently learning about the art of free-thinking from the hippie counterculture. It’s been an interesting (and somewhat eye-opening) experience, to say the least. Here are some of the lessons I’ve learned so far… by David Stone The allure of “free love” and
- OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram Now Edge CloserTestifying before state lawmakers yesterday, MTA chief Janno Lieber answered a question about OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram. It wasn’t great, but it was much better than the hardball his agency took last November. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News According to an article in STREETSBLOG NYC, Lieber said that OMNY is
- What is school bullying and its consequences for kids?School bullying is a big problem that can have serious consequences for kids. Bullying can make kids feel isolated, scared, and unsafe. It can also lead to physical and emotional harm. If you suspect your child is being bullied, talk to them about it and help them get the support they need. There are many