Every year, Roosevelt Island’s cherry blossoms draw photographers from around the world. Thousands of shots have been taken, yet many people, cameras in hand, point and shoot the new season.
These photographers were lucky because clouds and rain will dim the colors for the next several days.
Recent news for Roosevelt Island…
- Health & Wellness Fair, a New Event Done the Right WayWhile a slapdash, faint-hearted and belated Roosevelt Island Day promotion tumbles toward Saturday, energetic groups pull together a Health & Wellness Fair that’s truly community-driven. The event is on June 15th in Good Shepherd Plaza from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News A Health & Wellness Fair Community
- Some Nostalgia for Roosevelt Island Days PastAs RIOC fumbles closer to another shrunken community event, some residents recall the fun and engagement of Roosevelt Island Days in the past. In that spirit, let’s take a short walk down memory lane. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Roosevelt Island Days and Roosevelt Islanders My oldest memory of Roosevelt Island Day
- Four Freedoms Democrats Are All In For Roosevelt Island. Join NowLooking to get engaged with politics and activism? Consider joining the Four Freedoms Democratic Club! The Four Freedoms Democratic Club is one of the largest political clubs in New York City. The group hosts monthly meetings, campaigns for Democratic candidates, and advocates on a host of issues, including reproductive rights, affordable housing, and the environment. With over
- PSD Reports Another Juvenile Crime. Resolved QuicklyA harassment incident in Blackwell Park over the holiday weekend was resolved with an arrest by PSD yesterday morning. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News PSD Report on Blackwell Park Incident Here is the information RIOC’s Public Safety Department shared yesterday. “On Saturday, May 27, 2023, at approximately 8:24 PM, the Roosevelt Island
- Broken Again, The AVAC System Is A Model of ConsistencyIf you love consistency at all costs, the broken again AVAC system on Roosevelt Island must make you feel warm inside. Otherwise, it’s another gross blunder by the murky Team RIOC specializing in pointing fingers and dodging blame. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News For more than 40 years, Roosevelt Island owned bragging