Every year, Roosevelt Island’s cherry blossoms draw photographers from around the world. Thousands of shots have been taken, yet many people, cameras in hand, point and shoot the new season.
These photographers were lucky because clouds and rain will dim the colors for the next several days.
Recent news for Roosevelt Island…
- Senator José Serrano’s disingenuous claims don’t cut it as RIOC board conflict deepensAs Jeffrey Escobar did the right thing as a nonresident, resigning from RIOC’s board of directors, State Senator José Serrano openly mislead the community about his role. The Roosevelt Islander blog reported his comments from a September 30th meeting. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News State Senator José Serrano on His Role in
- The Ugly AVAC Breakdown Now Extends Trash Heaps Through Roosevelt LandingsThe crisis caused by a nearly six month AVAC breakdown grew, this week,as the trash collection mess extended into Roosevelt Landings. Roosevelt Landings is the community’s largest resident complex. Photos of smelly trash bags, stacked at curbs, Manhattan-style, underscores RIOC incompetence as well as indifference. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The AVAC
- You’re Invited: Public Opening Reception for Connie Tanner’s “The Roosevelts” at the Octagon GalleryOpening Reception: Thursday, October 21 from 5-8 pm 2021 Venue: Octagon Gallery – 888 Main St. Roosevelt Island, NY 10044 Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- 500 or Let Me Count the Ways Judith Berdy Has Helped Roosevelt IslandThursday, October 21st, is a big, but quiet day. It marks the 500th day in which Judith Berdy stitched our community together since the pandemic began. Her From the Archives series features art, history and architecture knitting our common values and the world around us. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Getting To
- One Down. Doing the Right Thing, Escobar Resigns from RIOC BoardAs we asked in September, Jeffrey Escobar resigns from the RIOC board, respecting the ethical conflict of serving while not being a resident. But in a disingenuous message, RIOC president/CEO Shelton J. Haynes, another non-resident, says Andrew Cuomo supporter David Kappel is sticking. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Jeffrey Escobar Resigns But,