Every year, Roosevelt Island’s cherry blossoms draw photographers from around the world. Thousands of shots have been taken, yet many people, cameras in hand, point and shoot the new season.
These photographers were lucky because clouds and rain will dim the colors for the next several days.
Recent news for Roosevelt Island…
- Who Just Made the Big Fat Silence You Didn’t Hear?It was RIOC, and that big fat silence billowed out in every direction as it had for months. Starting with brutal accusations in a lawsuit condemning a wide swath of Roosevelt Islanders as racists, the vacuum spread through escalating lawsuits into… nothing. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Another Big Fat Silence When
- Main Street Now – How We Can Do Better, Tip #1When we take an honest look at Main Street now, it’s cringe-worthy. Even the easy improvements get little notice, and as we pointed out yesterday, slipshod appearances surround the handful of solid businesses. We can do better, starting now, at very little expense. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News “I’ll never understand why
- Fear on the F Train Shuttle during rush hour with no help anywhereWhile the MTA and cooperative media shovel safety pabulum at the public, subway fear is real and continuing as an F Train incident yesterday showed. Not only are dangers increasing, but it’s more concerning that no help is available. The city says the subways are safe, but are they? by David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- Anger Rising Over New Management Policies at Roosevelt LandingsRoosevelt Landings made itself something of an outlier when new management severed the thread of WIRE buildings, dropping the E by replacing “Eastwood.” New owners, L+M, kept other continuity and built some trust in the community. But in the last year, that’s been changing as L+M handed over management to a subsidiary – C&C Realty
- Why is someone making Shelton Haynes look like a fool?It’s a mystery. Someone is trying to make RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes look like a fool. It’s so obvious, but why? We asked several people who know Haynes well from personal experience and got a range of reactions. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Our point of focus is the latest in