Roosevelt Island population? How many people live here? Should be an easy answer, but it isn’t because it’s been lied about for so long. So, let’s clear it up.
“The figures in the 2010 census confirm what we already suspected. Roosevelt Island has changed dramatically, Where once were ruins now stand carefully landscaped apartment buildings. Our subway platforms are more crowded, the crowds on the tram less familiar, the challenge of melding into a unified community more complex.”
Continue reading What is Roosevelt Island’s Population?
- Spring is here, and the Southpoint Rock Farm is… RockyThe Shelton J. Haynes/Langan Southpoint Rock Farm promised pathways with “lush vegetation.” Promise fulfilled? You decide. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The Southpoint Rock Farm Today The secret deal cut between the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) and bestie Langan yielded significant seawall safety improvements. And torturous esthetic sins. A rock garden
- RIOC Reform: What the New Law Does – If Hochul Signs ItRIOC reform, sought by residents for many years, is on the cusp. All it takes is a signature by Governor Kathy Hochul to make a bill championed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano a reality. Here’s what it covers – and still lacks. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News RIOC
- The Art of Paul Gauguin: A Painter’s Restless LifePaul Gauguin was a French Post-Impressionist artist who was born on the 7th of June in 1848 and died at the age of 54 on the 8th of May in 1903. by David Stone for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small Paul Gauguin on His Way By the end of his life, Gauguin was known for
- How the hippie counterculture movement changed AmericaThe hippie counterculture movement of the 1960s was a response to the conservatism and materialism of the 1950s. The hippies sought to create a new society based on peace, love, and brotherhood. They believed that people could change the world if they worked together. by David Stone for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small While the
- NY Community Trust Does the Impossible: PPF Grants Worse Than RIOCThe New York Community Trust (NYCT), allegedly brought in to straighten out RIOC‘s public purpose granting process, did what many thought impossible. They made things far worse. Some awards even appear vindictive, settling scores on the state’s hit list. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News How NYCT Makes a Joke of Community Trust