This weekend, RIOC flipped its lid over a date with Cousins Maine Lobster’s food truck. Not awful because people love their sandwiches, but why is the state agency promoting a commercial business? From out of town. When it rarely does a damn thing for locals…?
“Back for more!” RIOC enthused in an advisory. “Next Saturday, March 6th, Cousins Maine Lobster food truck is coming back to Roosevelt Island!”
Advisories normally alert residents about actual state business, like Tram elevator shutdowns and snow storm warnings. But now, the state flipped its lid for a food truck.
Meanwhile, Nisi, Granny Annie’s and the café at Cornell Tech are already here. And they have been, all through the pandemic, struggling over rent… rent paid to Guess who…?
Oh, well, why complain? We all remember RIOC going all out for local businesses… well, no, really, we don’t because they never do.
You may be curious over why RIOC’s team of deep thinkers flipped its lid over Cousins Maine Lobster’s food truck, But you’ll never know for sure. The brain trust keeps all those embarrassing secrets in a vault at 591 Main Street.
Oh, and just to be clear, Cousins Maine Lobster is not from Maine or even New England. The truck rolls over from HQ in Freehold, New Jersey.
The food’s great, though, and you can get it on Saturday at the Tram Plaza from Noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Senator José Serrano’s disingenuous claims don’t cut it as RIOC board conflict deepensAs Jeffrey Escobar did the right thing as a nonresident, resigning from RIOC’s board of directors, State Senator José Serrano openly mislead the community about his role. The Roosevelt Islander blog reported his comments from a September 30th meeting. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News State Senator José Serrano on His Role in
- The Ugly AVAC Breakdown Now Extends Trash Heaps Through Roosevelt LandingsThe crisis caused by a nearly six month AVAC breakdown grew, this week,as the trash collection mess extended into Roosevelt Landings. Roosevelt Landings is the community’s largest resident complex. Photos of smelly trash bags, stacked at curbs, Manhattan-style, underscores RIOC incompetence as well as indifference. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The AVAC
- Canadian Geese Graze Through a Gentle Autumn in Southpoint ParkAs a slow and gentle autumn eases across New York, a small crew of Canadian Geese share the sunset in Roosevelt Island‘s Southpoint Park. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- You’re Invited: Public Opening Reception for Connie Tanner’s “The Roosevelts” at the Octagon GalleryOpening Reception: Thursday, October 21 from 5-8 pm 2021 Venue: Octagon Gallery – 888 Main St. Roosevelt Island, NY 10044 Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- A Headless Roosevelt Island Lighthouse… Is It Still a Lighthouse?The now headless Roosevelt Island Lighthouse poses a dilemma. Once a lighthouse loses its head, is it still a lighthouse? The Roosevelt Island Daily News By any of its previous names – Blackwell Island Lighthouse, Welfare Island Lighthouse – the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse, over nearly 150 years, never lost its head. It’s historic plus, designed