By David Stone
An ugly esthetic crept south of Houston, filling up a wall on Lafayette Street, just below Prince. What the hell kind of branding is this?
Have idiots taken over Madison Avenue?
What were they trying to prove?
You’re walking into the heart of Soho, and people are popping in and out of offbeat shops all along Lafayette. The area’s in transition. Some old Soho lingers amid the gentrification.
A old-style diner with menus slapped across the front… Cracked sidewalks and an outdoor parking lot gobbling up prime real estate.
And then, Gucci goes ugly
“Look at that!”
“Gucci’s got two giant women painted on the wall, and they’ve got their tongues stuck out like a couple of drunken loonies.”
Why would Gucci want to brand themselves like that?
Clearly, it’s a “That was then; this is now” thing.
And sort of stupid.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Urgent Care, Amalgamated Bank Never Left… Source: RIOC’s WebsiteWhatever it’s supposed to be in the real world, RIOC’s website is sweetened with pleasures of times past. Amalgamated Bank still thrives, and Roosevelt Island Urgent Care awaits your visit. The state only pulls $25
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park Is a Beacon of Free SpeechOne of the most important freedoms we have in America is the right to free speech. During World War II, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) declared four essential freedoms that all individuals should have access
- Escape From New York? City Tax Data Shows 2020 Drop in High EarnersNew York City’s economy survived the pandemic shutdown in 2020 because an unprecedented increase in jobless benefits buoyed households. The city avoided a fiscal crisis because a surge in capital gains for the richest taxpayers
- What is the difference between consciousness and awareness?The consensus belief is that “consciousness is the sum of all our perceptions, and awareness is the sum of all our conscious experiences.” Let’s take a closer look. by David Stone In other words, consciousness
- Crazy Suzanne – PoetrySummer day, late afternoon, Crazy Suzanne appears at my door. “Are my tits getting bigger?” she wonders, raising her shirt up to her shoulders. Never having made their acquaintance before, I was at a loss