Christmas in New York in 2021 was more of the wet than white style. Showers rinsed gritty streets and office towers until noon, but then, with temperatures nearing 50, you could believe you were somewhere else.
By David Stone
Pictures of New York, Christmas 2021
In Carl Schurz Park at 2:00, blue skies followed the showers.
But for a serious contrast, the scene in Hell Gate looked as out of season as any Christmas in Memory…
Where the confluence of Harlem and East Rivers met the tides from Long Island Sound, once creating ship-sinking cross currents, it was just peaceful.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe.
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of
- Can Bromance Turn Into Romance?Hollywood would have us believe that bromance is simply a close, Platonic friendship between two men. But what if there’s more to it than that? What if bromance can turn into something deeper, something more
- 10 Reasons why you’d love living on the Upper West Side in New York CityHave you ever thought about living on the Upper West Side in New York City? Well, if you haven’t, you should! Here are 10 reasons why: by David Stone AD-> “Living on the UWS just
- Racism on the Red Bus: Lost and Found or Left Behind?Racism on the Red Bus stunk its way onto an Octagon Red Bus yesterday, the first day of Black History Month. Found on a seat, it was either lost or – more likely – deliberately