New York City Hospital’s Test and Trace van is coming back to Roosevelt Island, next week, according to City Council Member-elect Julie Menin. And this time, it’s even better because it includes vaccines.
By David Stone
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
Test and Trace Coming Back
UPDATE, December 14, 2021: In response to our question, Menin confirmed the information she provided yesterday and added some information. “I spoke to the City’s Test and Trace yesterday and confirmed again this morning -they said they will be there 12/20-12/24 and the van will do test and vax. They are closed on the 25th. They will evaluate future dates after next week looking at the 7 day positivity rate of RI.”
END OF UPDATE
Alarms went off after mixed messages led Roosevelt Islanders into expecting the HHC Test and Trace van parked at Good Shepherd Plaza again this week. But the spot was empty on Monday. That was consistent with what Menin first promised, but not with expectations raised by State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright.
So, we asked both directly via Twitter. By mid-afternoon, we had Menin’s answer. If accurate, the addition of vaccinations would be spectacular, but we still don’t know which vaccines.
Menin first announced the van after strenuous efforts by Seawright, Borough President Gale Brewer and others failed. She attributed her success to the array of contacts she developed while leading three city agencies.
Seawright never answered but tweeted independently.
The dueling messages again present residents with a dilemma. The officials have conflicting end dates for the van, and Seawright never mentions vaccines. The Daily will try sorting out the differences later today.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Factors That Affect Commercial Solar Panels’ EfficiencyWant to know how to ensure optimal commercial solar panel efficiency? Explore the various factors that influence performance, from weather to cleanliness.
- Get Your Girl Scout Cookies NowLeire and Itziar are selling Girl Scout Cookies, offering FREE Shipping from March 20 -27. 5-package minimum and 12-package maximum per order. You can place as many orders as you want. We also offer Girl
- The US Remains a Grim Leader in Preterm Births. Why? And Can We Fix It?Tamara Etienne’s second pregnancy was freighted with risk and worry from its earliest days — exacerbated by a first pregnancy that had ended in miscarriage. A third-grade teacher at an overcrowded Miami-Dade County public school,
- Common Woodworking Problems and SolutionsProfessionals and hobbyists understand the woes of woodworking. Fortunately, a few woodworking problems have smart solutions you should know.
- Immobilized Astor Place Cube Slated to Spin Again by SummerThe iconic Astor Place Cube, which has been immobilized for nearly a year because of structural damage, would be restored to its original free-spinning glory by July 17, under a proposal from the city Department
[…] Next week: Test & Trace Coming Back and even better with vaccines says Council Member-Elect Julie Menin […]