“Please take notice that a Board of Directors meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at 5:30 PM,” RIOC posted yesterday.
“Due to public health concerns and as authorized by Chapter 417 of the Laws of New York of 2021, this meeting will be conducted via videoconference.”
By David Stone
The state agency that never makes a mistake apparently forgot what they posted in August: “Please be advised that the RIOC Board of Directors meeting, originally scheduled for Thursday, September 2nd, 2021, has been rescheduled and will be held on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 5:30 PM at the Cultural Center Theater (548 Main St.).”
So, we’re back to Zoom on line.
Important note: RIOC’s board welcomes public comment before every official meeting. Comments, positive, negative or anywhere between, will be read by an official instead of spoken in person. Post your comments by using this link.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Is there a connection between school bullying and mental health?School bullying is a serious problem that can have lasting consequences for both the victims and the perpetrators. Some experts believe that there may be a link between school bullying and mental health problems. If you or someone you know is being bullied, it’s important to get help. by David Stone School bullying among children
- Why did the counterculture start? How it’s reflected todayIn the late 1960s, young people across America were rebelling against the “square” Establishment. They started the counterculture movement with changes in music, fashion, and lifestyle. But why did this counterculture start? Let’s take a look at the reasons behind the rebellion. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, young people challenged traditional values The
- What Does Free Thinking Mean Now? Lessons From the Counterculture“You’re never too old to learn,” people say. And they’re right – I’m currently learning about the art of free-thinking from the hippie counterculture. It’s been an interesting (and somewhat eye-opening) experience, to say the least. Here are some of the lessons I’ve learned so far… by David Stone The allure of “free love” and
- OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram Now Edge CloserTestifying before state lawmakers yesterday, MTA chief Janno Lieber answered a question about OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram. It wasn’t great, but it was much better than the hardball his agency took last November. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News According to an article in STREETSBLOG NYC, Lieber said that OMNY is
- What is school bullying and its consequences for kids?School bullying is a big problem that can have serious consequences for kids. Bullying can make kids feel isolated, scared, and unsafe. It can also lead to physical and emotional harm. If you suspect your child is being bullied, talk to them about it and help them get the support they need. There are many