Does anyone clean the Island anymore? Outdoor maintenance has looked pretty shabby lately and generates regular complaints. Including this one…
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
Clean the Island, please… if you’re not too busy.
“I was just wondering if anyone cleans the island anymore,” a reader wrote.
“Roosevelt Island looks neglected, and It is dirtier and dirtier every day. It is really so sad to see this.
“Yesterday I saw this guy that looks like he’s hired to clean up. I was happy to see him thinking, We will have again a clean area…
But guess what, he just stopped near one of the benches to check his phone and then walked away with his bucket and broom that never touched the ground,” she continued.
“Unfortunately you see more and more places like these. Is anyone in charge with checking how the cleaning of the island is done? Or this is a job done remotely from home?
“It makes me sad to see our beautiful island so grossly neglected. I’ve lived on the island for many years, and I think this is the worst I’ve seen it.”
Really. Does anyone clean the Island anymore?
Maybe Public Safety isn’t the only crew that quit working.
More News from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Factors That Affect Commercial Solar Panels’ EfficiencyWant to know how to ensure optimal commercial solar panel efficiency? Explore the various factors that influence performance, from weather to cleanliness.
- Get Your Girl Scout Cookies NowLeire and Itziar are selling Girl Scout Cookies, offering FREE Shipping from March 20 -27. 5-package minimum and 12-package maximum per order. You can place as many orders as you want. We also offer Girl Delivery with a Smile and a Thank you note. We are Junior Girl Scouts of Troop 3233, we are working
- The US Remains a Grim Leader in Preterm Births. Why? And Can We Fix It?Tamara Etienne’s second pregnancy was freighted with risk and worry from its earliest days — exacerbated by a first pregnancy that had ended in miscarriage. A third-grade teacher at an overcrowded Miami-Dade County public school, she spent harried days on her feet. Financial worries weighed heavy, even with health insurance and some paid time off
- Common Woodworking Problems and SolutionsProfessionals and hobbyists understand the woes of woodworking. Fortunately, a few woodworking problems have smart solutions you should know.
- Immobilized Astor Place Cube Slated to Spin Again by SummerThe iconic Astor Place Cube, which has been immobilized for nearly a year because of structural damage, would be restored to its original free-spinning glory by July 17, under a proposal from the city Department of Transportation obtained by THE CITY. Yoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Mar 16 at 5:55