Lori Lu brings Drag Queen Story Hour, in Spanish and in English, to FDR Four Freedoms State Park on Roosevelt Island. It’s a not to be missed event for Pride Month. For children for 3 to 18, but Mom and Dad can learn too.
Drag Queen Story Hour. Be there.
Lu sets up shop on Saturday June 26th and Sunday June 27th at 11:00 a.m., both days. Although the events are free, you need to register, and you do that, right here.
Drag Queen Story Hour is “a range of fun and fabulous educational experiences” for children and teens in libraries, schools, museums, and community spaces.
Through storytelling and creativity, DQSH teaches gender diversity and all forms of difference, building empathy. And it gives kids the confidence to express themselves however they feel comfortable.
So, sign up and join Lori Lu in a joyful Pride Month adventure in learning. It will sell out fast, so be sure to register, right here.
This free offering is from Four Freedoms Park Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working on behalf of the people of New York, working in partnership with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Wishes Come True: Seawright and Serrano Propose Strong Residency Requirements for RIOCThis afternoon, Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano jointly announced a proposed law including residency requirements for RIOC. Such changes have been on the wish list for Roosevelt Island activists for a decade. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Determined to enhance community/RIOC integration while promoting a responsive board have been
- Coming up: MSTDA Teen Theatre’s “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”The Roosevelt Island Daily News Main Street Theatre & Dance Alliance announces the opening of “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” in the Howe Theatre, running Jan 28-30, directed by long-time MSTDA director Jacqueline Lucid. The National Theatre’s Olivier and Tony Award® -winning production of “The Curious Incident of the Dog in
- Tasty Eating, Handling Pain: This Week’s New Zoom Programing from the Carter Burden NetworkWhile the CBN/RI Senior Center remains closed by the COVID surge, the Carter Burden Network pitches in, lining up easy access online programs. Here’s what’s on tap for this week… The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- RIOC’s New Tram Shutdown Comes with Unintended HumorThe new Tram shutdown cuts back to single cabin operations and comes with a taste of Henny Youngman-esque humor. It’s not on purpose though, and the expected miscues repeat. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News About the new Tram shutdown On Sunday, January 23rd, a next phase of Tram maintenance reduces service to
- Hard winter weather sweeping in, but New York City will miss the worst of itby David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News New Yorkers got through the extreme cold weather for which Governor Kathy Hochul issued an alert on Saturday. Residents did fine. Or, for Buffalo Bills fans, better than fine as the team ignored frigid temperatures on the way to a 47 -17 win over New England on