Lori Lu brings Drag Queen Story Hour, in Spanish and in English, to FDR Four Freedoms State Park on Roosevelt Island. It’s a not to be missed event for Pride Month. For children for 3 to 18, but Mom and Dad can learn too.
Drag Queen Story Hour. Be there.
Lu sets up shop on Saturday June 26th and Sunday June 27th at 11:00 a.m., both days. Although the events are free, you need to register, and you do that, right here.
Drag Queen Story Hour is “a range of fun and fabulous educational experiences” for children and teens in libraries, schools, museums, and community spaces.
Through storytelling and creativity, DQSH teaches gender diversity and all forms of difference, building empathy. And it gives kids the confidence to express themselves however they feel comfortable.
So, sign up and join Lori Lu in a joyful Pride Month adventure in learning. It will sell out fast, so be sure to register, right here.
This free offering is from Four Freedoms Park Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working on behalf of the people of New York, working in partnership with the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Roosevelt Island Is Nearly Devoured in MTA Subway Map RemakeA new Subway Map slowly being introduced by the MTA has Manhattan blowing up like a hippo in a birdcage while Roosevelt Island shrinks to near oblivion. First reported in Gizmodo… The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- A Child Hit In Crosswalk Is Third In Two MonthsThe child hit in a crosswalk, yesterday, was the third on Roosevelt Island in two months. Multiple reports say RIOC’s Public Safety Department refused a request for protection during a Halloween party, claiming they were “understaffed.” By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Child Hit After PSD Refuses A Request for Help Monster Bash,
- Still Sleeping in the Roosevelt Island Subway. Is there no solution?Last month, we posted about the high volume of people finding a place to sleep in the Roosevelt Island subway station. Mid-morning today, there were a pair so out of it, they managed sleeping soundly on those god awful, ribbed benches in the subway. The Roosevelt Island Daily News How is it we can spend
- Proof that nagging – plus two accidents – gets RIOC off its pegRIOC’s been nagged for months about returning mini stop signs in crosswalks. They lower the risks to which pedestrians are regularly exposed. But nothing happened until two people were hit by cars. Better late than never, although it’s shameful it took so much to get some action. The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the
- After Ten Years, Hudson-Related’s Shops On Main Finds Its GrooveShops on Main launched in 2011 with a boom that bombed. Hudson president David Kramer promised “shock and awe.” It’s too late now for either, but what we have is a big post-pandemic bump into a functioning Main Street Corridor. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Shops On Main, October 2021 In past