As Governor Andrew Cuomo promised, most COVID restrictions blow away today after New Yorker hit the 70% adult vaccination rate. Worth fireworks? You got ’em. The launched across the state, last night.
By David Stone
COVID Restrictions Blown Away
Restrictions fell away on capacity, social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, health screenings, and contact tracing information. But they remain optional for retail, food services, offices, gyms and fitness centers, amusement and family entertainment, hair salons, personal care services, real estate, child care, movie theaters and other commercial settings.
Masks are still required on public transportation, at pre-K through grade-12 schools, in nursing homes, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, schools, and health care facilities.
Yes, Governor Cuomo announced fireworks at 9:15 in ten places around the state, including New York Harbor.
Image from Governor Cuomo’s presentation today.
Rockets also hit the sky not far away in Nyack and Jones Beach.
And that’s not all.
Thirteen landmarks will also light up in New York State colors, blue and gold. Those include the World Trade Center, the Empire State Building and Grand Central.
New York’s coming back out as COVID restrictions blow away.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe. Here’s a quick rundown of the differences between these two NYC gems. by David Stone Location – Tribeca is located
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of the best food, shopping, and entertainment in the city, then Tribeca is worth checking out. Here’s a look at what
- Can Bromance Turn Into Romance?Hollywood would have us believe that bromance is simply a close, Platonic friendship between two men. But what if there’s more to it than that? What if bromance can turn into something deeper, something more romantic? Let’s explore the possibility of bromance deepening into romance. by David Stone Defining bromance – what it is and
- 10 Reasons why you’d love living on the Upper West Side in New York CityHave you ever thought about living on the Upper West Side in New York City? Well, if you haven’t, you should! Here are 10 reasons why: by David Stone AD-> “Living on the UWS just puts you in an incredibly convenient location..” But there’s even more The people who live on the Upper West Side
- Racism on the Red Bus: Lost and Found or Left Behind?Racism on the Red Bus stunk its way onto an Octagon Red Bus yesterday, the first day of Black History Month. Found on a seat, it was either lost or – more likely – deliberately left there. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Racism pervades American culture, and Roosevelt Island was never an