As Governor Andrew Cuomo promised, most COVID restrictions blow away today after New Yorker hit the 70% adult vaccination rate. Worth fireworks? You got ’em. The launched across the state, last night.
By David Stone
COVID Restrictions Blown Away
Restrictions fell away on capacity, social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, health screenings, and contact tracing information. But they remain optional for retail, food services, offices, gyms and fitness centers, amusement and family entertainment, hair salons, personal care services, real estate, child care, movie theaters and other commercial settings.
Masks are still required on public transportation, at pre-K through grade-12 schools, in nursing homes, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, schools, and health care facilities.
Yes, Governor Cuomo announced fireworks at 9:15 in ten places around the state, including New York Harbor.
Image from Governor Cuomo’s presentation today.
Rockets also hit the sky not far away in Nyack and Jones Beach.
And that’s not all.
Thirteen landmarks will also light up in New York State colors, blue and gold. Those include the World Trade Center, the Empire State Building and Grand Central.
New York’s coming back out as COVID restrictions blow away.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Roosevelt Island Is Nearly Devoured in MTA Subway Map RemakeA new Subway Map slowly being introduced by the MTA has Manhattan blowing up like a hippo in a birdcage while Roosevelt Island shrinks to near oblivion. First reported in Gizmodo… The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- A Child Hit In Crosswalk Is Third In Two MonthsThe child hit in a crosswalk, yesterday, was the third on Roosevelt Island in two months. Multiple reports say RIOC’s Public Safety Department refused a request for protection during a Halloween party, claiming they were “understaffed.” By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Child Hit After PSD Refuses A Request for Help Monster Bash,
- Still Sleeping in the Roosevelt Island Subway. Is there no solution?Last month, we posted about the high volume of people finding a place to sleep in the Roosevelt Island subway station. Mid-morning today, there were a pair so out of it, they managed sleeping soundly on those god awful, ribbed benches in the subway. The Roosevelt Island Daily News How is it we can spend
- Proof that nagging – plus two accidents – gets RIOC off its pegRIOC’s been nagged for months about returning mini stop signs in crosswalks. They lower the risks to which pedestrians are regularly exposed. But nothing happened until two people were hit by cars. Better late than never, although it’s shameful it took so much to get some action. The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the
- After Ten Years, Hudson-Related’s Shops On Main Finds Its GrooveShops on Main launched in 2011 with a boom that bombed. Hudson president David Kramer promised “shock and awe.” It’s too late now for either, but what we have is a big post-pandemic bump into a functioning Main Street Corridor. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Shops On Main, October 2021 In past