Early voting for Roosevelt Island is now ongoing at Sportspark, right around the corner from the Tram and an easy Red Bus stop. State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright pushed for approval, RIOC president/CEO Shelton Haynes provided the site, and the Board of Elections said, “Yes.”
With handicapped access in place and the usual team of volunteers rounded up by Judith Berdy, it couldn’t be easier.
And, honestly, having voted today, I found ranked choice fun, especially with so many solid candidates and certain change as new people take office. I got to add my 10 cents.
So, look, avoid the lines and the wait and get your vote in. The poll volunteers are ready to help, and you can appreciate the privilege of Roosevelt Island having a place of its own.
There are only three more in the entire Upper East Side.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J. Haynes, the state agency now adds heartlessness to its luster. How can we keep up the daily flow of blunders?
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe. Here’s a quick rundown of the differences between these two NYC gems. by David Stone Location – Tribeca is located
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of the best food, shopping, and entertainment in the city, then Tribeca is worth checking out. Here’s a look at what