Early voting for Roosevelt Island is now ongoing at Sportspark, right around the corner from the Tram and an easy Red Bus stop. State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright pushed for approval, RIOC president/CEO Shelton Haynes provided the site, and the Board of Elections said, “Yes.”
With handicapped access in place and the usual team of volunteers rounded up by Judith Berdy, it couldn’t be easier.
And, honestly, having voted today, I found ranked choice fun, especially with so many solid candidates and certain change as new people take office. I got to add my 10 cents.
So, look, avoid the lines and the wait and get your vote in. The poll volunteers are ready to help, and you can appreciate the privilege of Roosevelt Island having a place of its own.
There are only three more in the entire Upper East Side.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Albany Democrats Seize Control of Redistricting, With Unclear Role for PublicClifford Michel and Farah Javed, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jan 26 at 9:59pm ESTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. After years of championing an “independent” commission to control the crucial redrawing of congressional and legislative districts, Democratic state leaders are taking over the process.
- Watch on for up to a foot of snow, starting tomorrow across New York CityUp to a foot of snow is forecast for Roosevelt Island and the rest of New York City. An official Winter Storm Watch is on, with flakes piling up, starting Friday night. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News A Foot of Snow Possible, This Weekend The coastal storm, fed by a clash of
- Opening Friday, MSTDA’s lively new teen show polishes its finishing touchesThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time opens on Friday. (Tickets here.) As these picture at live rehearsal show, the players will be ready. Photos: Zackry Childers The Roosevelt Island Daily News Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Cuomo-Hochul, Hochul-Cuomo – “Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss…?”Whether it’s Cuomo-Hochul or the other way around, it looks more and more like the same old song with the same political patronage and the same big money supporters. Are we being fooled again? by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Cuomo-Hochul, Hochul-Cuomo: What’s the difference? Not as much as you might suspect, considering
- Has anyone seen RIOC?Has anyone seen RIOC lately? That’s what I was thinking after watching a PSD officer, his hands in his pockets, ignore cars and eBikes roll through a stop sign right in front of him on Monday evening. Since The Girl Puzzle ribbon-cutting in early December, the state agency faded without explanation. by David Stone The