Click anywhere to register.
Lately in the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Flourishing Again Already: Maskless Riders on Red BusesMaskless riders on Red Buses flourish again after a few days of show by RIOC’s Public Safety Department. In the last ten days, Roosevelt Island’s coronavirus positivity jumped from 0% to 1.73%. It’s rising, but the state’s efforts aren’t up to the challenge. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News It’s not just maskless
- Masks up, Roosevelt Island. CDC says it’s time to bring them back indoorsMasks up. That’s the word from the federal Centers for Disease Control for areas “of substantial or high transmission.” Roosevelt Island and all of New York City fall within those high risk areas. The Roosevelt Island Daily News While Roosevelt Island’s .074% positive rate for coronavirus, the Delta variant drove city rates up to almost
- RIOC retaliation? Kids of mom who complained about racism now banned from swimmingWas it RIOC retaliation against a Roosevelt Island mom who charged the state agency with racism, last week? Without prior warning or even an explanation, she says, RIOC banned her girls from swimming at Sportspark. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News At 2:00 yesterday afternoon, Susana del Campo Perea left Sportspark with her
- Paving Over History, RIOC Obliterates the NYPL GardenRIOC calls it, “…renovating the open space and garden adjacent to the R.I. branch of the NYPL,” but really, it’s paving over history. Unless paving over open space qualifies as “improvement.” By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Observing the destruction, Roosevelt Island Historical Society (RIHS) president Judith Berdy mused… “The play area in
- Risky superstorms, overdue earthquakes and neglect: Is the East Promenade doomed?The first hint that Roosevelt Island’s East Promenade might be doomed reached us from Susan Rosenthal’s lawsuit against RIOC. Neglect risked a catastrophic collapse, but what’s the trigger? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Long before the new community for Roosevelt Island emerged from dream to reality, Goldwater Hospital built a mile long