Click anywhere to register.
Lately in the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Main Street Now – How We Can Do Better, Tip #1When we take an honest look at Main Street now, it’s cringe-worthy. Even the easy improvements get little notice, and as we pointed out yesterday, slipshod appearances surround the handful of solid businesses. We can do better, starting now, at very little expense. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News “I’ll never understand why
- Fear on the F Train Shuttle during rush hour with no help anywhereWhile the MTA and cooperative media shovel safety pabulum at the public, subway fear is real and continuing as an F Train incident yesterday showed. Not only are dangers increasing, but it’s more concerning that no help is available. The city says the subways are safe, but are they? by David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- Anger Rising Over New Management Policies at Roosevelt LandingsRoosevelt Landings made itself something of an outlier when new management severed the thread of WIRE buildings, dropping the E by replacing “Eastwood.” New owners, L+M, kept other continuity and built some trust in the community. But in the last year, that’s been changing as L+M handed over management to a subsidiary – C&C Realty
- Why is someone making Shelton Haynes look like a fool?It’s a mystery. Someone is trying to make RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes look like a fool. It’s so obvious, but why? We asked several people who know Haynes well from personal experience and got a range of reactions. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Our point of focus is the latest in
- From RI Concerts, Special Gifts for Roosevelt IslandRI Concerts‘s unique gift for the Roosevelt Island community spans centuries, wedding 18th Century music with modern tunes. With the holidays fast rising on the calendar, there’s a bit of that too, and topping all off a soothing musical performance. The Roosevelt Island Daily News “We have a wonderful concert coming up on December 3rd