Click anywhere to register.
Lately in the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park, Cool Green Oasis in a Hot CityThe long, hot days of summer can be a brutal experience in the city. The concrete and asphalt reflect the heat back up at you, and the dry air seems to suck all the moisture out of your skin. But just across the river, there’s a cool green oasis waiting for you. by David Stone
- Roosevelt Islander Deborah Julian in PWP Members Show in LICOpening with a free public reception on Thursday, PWP – Professional Women Photographers – hosts MY NYC at Matted, gallery space at 46-36 Vernon Blvd in Long Island City. Among those exhibiting is Roosevelt Islander Deborah Julian. Her pictures have previously been selected for juried exhibits across the U.S. and in Great Britain. by David
- Hey, Governor Hochul! Where the Hell Are Your RIOC Managers?Judged by recent observations, RIOC managers are rare birds never seen anymore outside captivity. Start with bunkered, elusive CEO Shelton Haynes… No, start at the top. New York Governor Kathy Hochul has not caught the scent of RIOC’s mounting failures under her direction. Her hypocritical evasion of leadership echoes on down the pike and piles
- Seeking Answers on Renewable Ravenswood NowAfter reading our Renewable Ravenswood article in July, Roosevelt Islander Raye Schwartz wrote in, seeking answers to her concerns. Schwartz comes at the issue from a personal perspective that shines a light on factors not often addressed. We took them up with Wil Fisher, the Manager of External Affairs for Rise Light & Power, the
- After Lawsuit Dismissal, Rosenthal Vows To Fight OnLast week a New York Supreme Court judge dismissed Susan Rosenthal’s lawsuit against RIOC and the state on technical grounds. The lawsuit dismissal cited filing in the wrong court, the judge ruled, more than a year after the litigation began. It should have been filed in the Court of Claims, he wrote. by David Stone