Voters expressed strong support for Governor Cuomo in the poll. 50% of registered voters say Cuomo should not resign against 35% who say he should. A similar number also says he can do his job effectively in spite of investigations into his conduct as governor.
The Siena Research Institute polled 805 registered voters on a variety of topics. 74% of New Yorkers, for example, support President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID Relief Plan.
Read the full report here:
Democratic leaders across the spectrum have called for Cuomo’s resignation, including Senators Chuck Schumer and Kristen Gillibrand, while President Biden has called for patience while Attorney General Letitia James completes her investigation.
In spite of strong support for Governor Cuomo’s resistance to resigning, dark clouds are on the reelection horizon. Only 34% of those polled look forward to voting for him, if he runs for reelection, while a majority, 52%, prefer someone else.
The Roosevelt Island Daily News thanks Sylvan Klein for the tip.
- What do Roosevelt Islanders want? Promenade bike ban voting resultsThe bike ban voting results are now in, voting’s closed, and we’re ready to report. Hundreds voted, although some chose to “vote early, vote often” and lost their voices. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Blip on the radar? Roosevelt Island coronavirus rates back to normalAfter last week’s scary surge in the wrong direction, Roosevelt Island coronavirus rates are back to normal, this week. As New York City rates dived below 6% for the first time in 2021, local numbers followed. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Where the hell are they? Roosevelt Island’s Amazing, Invisible Public Safety Department.RIOC’s amazing, invisible Public Safety Department grows more irritating, every day. In spite of being the biggest drain on public resources in the community, they’re harder than ever to find working. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Pandemic hit, Many New Yorkers fled, but Roosevelt Island stayed putAlthough the exodus was not as bad as expected, many New Yorkers left the city during the pandemic. But Roosevelt Island stayed put. Real estate giant CBRE released a study of American move outs, and in a granular look at the details, Roosevelt Island stands out as an oasis of stability. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Congestion pricing proposal in NYC moves forward with environmental assessmentBy Dave Fidlin | The Center Square contributor/April 8th, 2021 (The Center Square) – The oft-discussed prospect of installing a once-daily toll system in one of New York City’s most heavily trafficked areas has moved one step closer to reality, though a number of granular details still need to be fleshed out. In late March,