Voters expressed strong support for Governor Cuomo in the poll. 50% of registered voters say Cuomo should not resign against 35% who say he should. A similar number also says he can do his job effectively in spite of investigations into his conduct as governor.
The Siena Research Institute polled 805 registered voters on a variety of topics. 74% of New Yorkers, for example, support President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID Relief Plan.
Read the full report here:
Democratic leaders across the spectrum have called for Cuomo’s resignation, including Senators Chuck Schumer and Kristen Gillibrand, while President Biden has called for patience while Attorney General Letitia James completes her investigation.
In spite of strong support for Governor Cuomo’s resistance to resigning, dark clouds are on the reelection horizon. Only 34% of those polled look forward to voting for him, if he runs for reelection, while a majority, 52%, prefer someone else.
The Roosevelt Island Daily News thanks Sylvan Klein for the tip.
- Love Your Clothes Again: Eileen Fisher RenewDo you have a closet full of clothes you love but don’t wear anymore? Eileen Fisher Renew is here to help. We take your gently-worn Eileen Fisher clothes and give them new life. Not only does this reduce waste and help the environment, but it also saves you money. Here’s how it works: by David
- Happy Shelton J. Haynes Cheapskate Holiday Now from RIOCWas a cheapskate holiday for Roosevelt Island exactly what RIOC President/CEO had in mind when RIOC’s contractor spread a much-reduced collection of decorations in early November? Downplaying local traditions is a hallmark of his administration. But is it anything more than laziness and indifference driving the new penny-pincher theme? by David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- Governor Kathy Hochul Has A Message for Roosevelt Islanders: Get Lost!“Get lost!” The message from Albany shot loud and clear down the Hudson, landing on our little Island. Hochul vetoed a bill constructed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano, coordinating with Roosevelt Islanders. The bill aimed to create more local authority and transparency in running RIOC. This displeased the governor because it
- We’ve Got the Money. Why Not End the Homeless Crisis Now?The homeless crisis is not only costly for individuals, but also for society as a whole. A study by the National Alliance to End Homelessness found that the cost of homelessness to taxpayers is approximately $40,000 per year. This includes the cost of emergency services, healthcare, and incarceration. by David Stone The cost of homelessness
- 5 Ways Weather Conditions Affect Your Physical HealthWeather conditions can have a significant impact on asthma and other respiratory problems. Cold weather, for example, can cause the airways to constrict, making it difficult to breathe. High humidity can also lead to increased respiratory symptoms, as it can make the air more difficult to breathe. by David Stone Weather conditions can worsen asthma,