Voters expressed strong support for Governor Cuomo in the poll. 50% of registered voters say Cuomo should not resign against 35% who say he should. A similar number also says he can do his job effectively in spite of investigations into his conduct as governor.
The Siena Research Institute polled 805 registered voters on a variety of topics. 74% of New Yorkers, for example, support President Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID Relief Plan.
Read the full report here:
Democratic leaders across the spectrum have called for Cuomo’s resignation, including Senators Chuck Schumer and Kristen Gillibrand, while President Biden has called for patience while Attorney General Letitia James completes her investigation.
In spite of strong support for Governor Cuomo’s resistance to resigning, dark clouds are on the reelection horizon. Only 34% of those polled look forward to voting for him, if he runs for reelection, while a majority, 52%, prefer someone else.
The Roosevelt Island Daily News thanks Sylvan Klein for the tip.
- Senator José Serrano’s disingenuous claims don’t cut it as RIOC board conflict deepensAs Jeffrey Escobar did the right thing as a nonresident, resigning from RIOC’s board of directors, State Senator José Serrano openly mislead the community about his role. The Roosevelt Islander blog reported his comments from a September 30th meeting. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News State Senator José Serrano on His Role in
- The Ugly AVAC Breakdown Now Extends Trash Heaps Through Roosevelt LandingsThe crisis caused by a nearly six month AVAC breakdown grew, this week,as the trash collection mess extended into Roosevelt Landings. Roosevelt Landings is the community’s largest resident complex. Photos of smelly trash bags, stacked at curbs, Manhattan-style, underscores RIOC incompetence as well as indifference. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The AVAC
- Canadian Geese Graze Through a Gentle Autumn in Southpoint ParkAs a slow and gentle autumn eases across New York, a small crew of Canadian Geese share the sunset in Roosevelt Island‘s Southpoint Park. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- You’re Invited: Public Opening Reception for Connie Tanner’s “The Roosevelts” at the Octagon GalleryOpening Reception: Thursday, October 21 from 5-8 pm 2021 Venue: Octagon Gallery – 888 Main St. Roosevelt Island, NY 10044 Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- A Headless Roosevelt Island Lighthouse… Is It Still a Lighthouse?The now headless Roosevelt Island Lighthouse poses a dilemma. Once a lighthouse loses its head, is it still a lighthouse? The Roosevelt Island Daily News By any of its previous names – Blackwell Island Lighthouse, Welfare Island Lighthouse – the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse, over nearly 150 years, never lost its head. It’s historic plus, designed