As part of the Walgreens chain of drug stores, Duane Reade expects getting the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for Roosevelt Island, later this week. Sign up onsite now or online, starting Tuesday.
By David Stone
Everything with vaccine distribution is a little hairy now, but with the Biden/Harris administration in charge, some order takes shape.
That’s good news, especially for Roosevelt Island, where Duane Reade, 425 Main Street, plans giving shots, starting next weekend.
How do I sign up?
You’ve got two ways.
- Sign up at the Pharmacy Department onsite, right now. This gets you on their list, and if all goes well, you’ll be contacted at mid-week for a weekend appointment. The folks on duty are helpful and well-informed.
- On Tuesday, fire up your browser and go to wallgreens.com/covid19vac. You’ll need to follow up from there by logging into or creating an account.
Neither method has an advantage over the other, and there’s no problem doing both.
This is breaking news, and we will keep you updated.
- A Child Hit In Crosswalk Is Third In Two MonthsThe child hit in a crosswalk, yesterday, was the third on Roosevelt Island in two months. Multiple reports say RIOC’s Public Safety Department refused a request for protection during a Halloween party, claiming they were “understaffed.” By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Child Hit After PSD Refuses A Request for Help Monster Bash,
- After Ten Years, Hudson-Related’s Shops On Main Finds Its GrooveShops on Main launched in 2011 with a boom that bombed. Hudson president David Kramer promised “shock and awe.” It’s too late now for either, but what we have is a big post-pandemic bump into a functioning Main Street Corridor. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Shops On Main, October 2021 In past
- Is the AVAC down for good? Views of the future for SouthtownIs the AVAC down for good? The question can’t be avoided now that almost half a year has passed since the system functioned consistently from Rivercross south. The absence of sane answers from RIOC suggests that the state is lost. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News With the AVAC Down… Once an exceptional
- The absolute worst? RIOC failing to honor officers felled by COVIDAs reported by the Roosevelt Islander blog, PSD officers Corey Fischer and Wayne Jones were felled by COVID, early in the pandemic, April 2020. RIOC promised a ceremony honoring them but, so far, did nothing. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Two PSD Officers Felled by COVID But Not Honored When Fischer died,
- Now, All Motor Vehicles Banned from the Roosevelt Island PromenadesAccording to flyers handed out yesterday on Main Street, PSD bans all motor vehicles from both Roosevelt Island promenades, “effective immediately.” This follows outrage over a dog killed by a car, last week. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Motor Vehicles Banned Although a rollout of signs and patrols awaits the initial ban,