As part of the Walgreens chain of drug stores, Duane Reade expects getting the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for Roosevelt Island, later this week. Sign up onsite now or online, starting Tuesday.
By David Stone
Everything with vaccine distribution is a little hairy now, but with the Biden/Harris administration in charge, some order takes shape.
That’s good news, especially for Roosevelt Island, where Duane Reade, 425 Main Street, plans giving shots, starting next weekend.
How do I sign up?
You’ve got two ways.
- Sign up at the Pharmacy Department onsite, right now. This gets you on their list, and if all goes well, you’ll be contacted at mid-week for a weekend appointment. The folks on duty are helpful and well-informed.
- On Tuesday, fire up your browser and go to wallgreens.com/covid19vac. You’ll need to follow up from there by logging into or creating an account.
Neither method has an advantage over the other, and there’s no problem doing both.
This is breaking news, and we will keep you updated.
- Get Your Girl Scout Cookies NowLeire and Itziar are selling Girl Scout Cookies, offering FREE Shipping from March 20 -27. 5-package minimum and 12-package maximum per order. You can place as many orders as you want. We also offer Girl Delivery with a Smile and a Thank you note. We are Junior Girl Scouts of Troop 3233, we are working
- RIOC Fail: Two Years Later, The AVAC Is Still BrokenThe once world-celebrated, unique system for handling trash on Roosevelt Island is still broken. Two years after the jams started and through many excuses – remember the bed frame? – the Shelton J. Haynes Roosevelt Island AVAC system is broken without any pending fix. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News “The east side
- Why Is He Still Here? Part Four: Shelton Haynes in the CEO ChairIt was a cataclysm shaking Roosevelt Island. A sunny Friday began with Susan Rosenthal in RIOC’s CEO chair, but by rush hour, Shelton J. Haynes settled there. Misconduct and violations peppered the transition. It had all the signs of a secretly planned event with many people complicit. Was Haynes one of them? Did this murky
- Now: MTA Axes Roosevelt Island Subway Nightmare. Electeds Came ThroughA month ago, the MTA posted what Roosevelt Islanders saw as a subway nightmare during a track replacement project. The community protested, and our team of public officials swung into action. The MTA listened, and as a result, they have released a whole new plan that axes the most egregious closures. by David Stone The
- Breaking Promises, RIOC Now Delays March 2023 Board MeetingBreaking promises and rules is commonplace at loosely governed RIOC, and this time, it starts at the top. At a hearing early this month in Albany, RuthAnne Visnauskis – RIOC board chairperson and Homes and Community Renewal Commissioner – promised she’d increase community involvement on Roosevelt Island. Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright challenged her as had
[…] an instruction sheet for signing up online, and a pharmacist handed me a copy, promising that signing up online as well as in person was not a problem. The website went active on […]