As part of the Walgreens chain of drug stores, Duane Reade expects getting the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for Roosevelt Island, later this week. Sign up onsite now or online, starting Tuesday.
By David Stone
Everything with vaccine distribution is a little hairy now, but with the Biden/Harris administration in charge, some order takes shape.
That’s good news, especially for Roosevelt Island, where Duane Reade, 425 Main Street, plans giving shots, starting next weekend.
How do I sign up?
You’ve got two ways.
- Sign up at the Pharmacy Department onsite, right now. This gets you on their list, and if all goes well, you’ll be contacted at mid-week for a weekend appointment. The folks on duty are helpful and well-informed.
- On Tuesday, fire up your browser and go to wallgreens.com/covid19vac. You’ll need to follow up from there by logging into or creating an account.
Neither method has an advantage over the other, and there’s no problem doing both.
This is breaking news, and we will keep you updated.
- Quick hit: New York City passes a million vaccinated milestone while Roosevelt Island infection rate stays lowGathering information from the Department of Health, The City, yesterday, reported that 1,038,220 city residents have been vaccinated. It’s a milestone, but we have a long way to go. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- 12 Good Reasons Why RIOC Public Purpose Funds Are A Big MessRIOC’s Public Purpose Funds mess is a natural outgrowth of profound laziness, official indifference to fairness and clinging to personal agendas. These 12 good reasons are those seeking grants. The nonprofits work hard and even harder at presenting their appeals, but the RIOC/Common Council pairing fails at living up to their efforts. davidstone1313 See author's
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park Now Opens Its Arms Ever WiderFour Freedoms State Park opens its arms wider, starting today. Already heralded as New York City’s most serene retreat, the park extends itself to visitors previously unable to enjoy its pleasures in full. A project begins today. davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Strange as ever, RIOC flipped (its lid) for Cousins Maine Lobster food truck…This weekend, RIOC flipped its lid over a date with Cousins Maine Lobster’s food truck. Not awful because people love their sandwiches, but why is the state agency promoting a commercial business? From out of town. When it rarely does a damn thing for locals…? davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Roosevelt Island Jewish Congregation Presented Queen Esther’s Gambit for Purim 5781/2021By Janet Falk Purim, a joyous and comedic holiday celebration, filled with fun and parody based on the Biblical story of Esther, was celebrated online by Rabbi Joel Shaiman and the Roosevelt Island Jewish Congregation (RIJC) on Thursday night, February 25, with a full evening of activities for all ages. The evening began with a