As part of the Walgreens chain of drug stores, Duane Reade expects getting the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for Roosevelt Island, later this week. Sign up onsite now or online, starting Tuesday.
By David Stone
Everything with vaccine distribution is a little hairy now, but with the Biden/Harris administration in charge, some order takes shape.
That’s good news, especially for Roosevelt Island, where Duane Reade, 425 Main Street, plans giving shots, starting next weekend.
How do I sign up?
You’ve got two ways.
- Sign up at the Pharmacy Department onsite, right now. This gets you on their list, and if all goes well, you’ll be contacted at mid-week for a weekend appointment. The folks on duty are helpful and well-informed.
- On Tuesday, fire up your browser and go to wallgreens.com/covid19vac. You’ll need to follow up from there by logging into or creating an account.
Neither method has an advantage over the other, and there’s no problem doing both.
This is breaking news, and we will keep you updated.
- Fulfilling a community’s worst fears, the Southpoint “renovation” is now completeIs the now finished Southpoint “renovation” an example of tasteless bureaucrats run amuck or something worse? Redeeming virtues are few, and a walk through repeatedly brings up the question: Why? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Look at What RIOC and Partner Langan Call the Southpoint Renovation When I was a kid, “urban
- Reverse Nostalgia. AVAC Breaks Down Again After a Single DayReverse nostalgia greeted some Roosevelt Islanders for Thanksgiving. Smelly hallways and heaps of black trash bags herald a new AVAC failure, after just one day. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Reverse Nostalgia for Thanksgiving “Please be advised that maintenance work alongside the east side of the AVAC system is now complete,” the
- Your Need to Know: The Roosevelt Island Free Food Pantry Is Closed, This WeekA Notice from RIDA President Wendy Hersh: “The Roosevelt Island Disabled Association wishes you all a Very Happy Thanksgiving. We have been so blessed to have been able to continue feeding our community. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, we will be closed this Friday and will reopen again on Friday 12/3. Be safe and enjoy
- Your Pennies for Preservation Helps the Historical Society and Local BusinessesThe Roosevelt Island Historical Society (RIHS) rolled out Pennies for Preservation, a campaign addressing the national coin shortage, as a fundraiser. It’s a two for one solution. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Pennies for Preservation “There is an acute shortage of coins in circulation,” says RIHS president Judith Berdy. “The coins collected are cashed in
- RIOC finally updates on the AVAC, and it’s good news…When RIOC updates on the AVAC, it’s always a little confusing and incomplete. But this time, it’s also mostly good news. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Updates on the AVAC “Please be advised that maintenance work alongside the east side of the AVAC system is now complete. Normal operations will resume tomorrow,” RIOC