This is an up-to-date list of Roosevelt Island Events. If you’d like an event added to What’s coming up?, send the details to us though the Contact link above.
Thank you. Let’s stay in touch.
This is a free service of the Roosevelt Island Daily News
One time events…
Tuesday, April 21st, 6:30 to 7:30 P.M., On Zoom, NYPL and the Roosevelt Island Historical Society Host Kim Todd, Author of Sensational: The Hidden History of America’s “Girl Stunt Reporters”
Wednesday, September 22nd, 11:00 A.M. Until Noon, Zoom Online, Benefits for Older Adults, CBN/RI Senior Center
Fall for Arts, September 25th, 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M., Various Locations
Monday, September 27th, from 10:00 A.M. until 1:00, Get Your Flu Shots, CBN/RI Senior Center
Trouble in Mind, a Play by Roosevelt Island Pioneer Alice Childress, the Roundabout Theatre on Broadway, Opening October 29th
En & Sen, Solo Art Exhibit by Toshiko Kitano Groner, The Octagon Gallery
Ongoing Roosevelt Island Events: Daily
Free Daily Meditation & Yoga Classes with Esther Yang
Daily from 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Registration required. Link.
Ongoing Roosevelt Island Events: Weekly
The Carter Burden Network/DFTA recommends: My Favorite Song Project
Tai Chi With Barry, Zoom with the Carter Burden Network
Mondays @ 1:00
Yoga with Marilyn, Presented by the Carter Burden Network
Wednesdays, 11:30 p.m. until 12:30 p.m. Link.
Latest from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Will the Roosevelt Island Tram tumble out of New York City Transit?Don’t tell the Roosevelt Island Tram operators, but the MetroCard will be gone in a little over a year. That’s according to TimeOut New York. But what does that mean for Roosevelt Island? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The Roosevelt Island Daily thanks Sylvan Klein for the heads up. The Roosevelt Island
- RIHS Returns The Elevator Storehouse Plaque Home On Roosevelt IslandEfforts by the Roosevelt Island Historical Society (RIHS) paid off yesterday when an original plaque from the Elevator Storehouse came home. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The plaque, identifying a building providing elevator service to Roosevelt Island from the Queensboro Bridge, arrived by car. Historical Society leader Judith Berdy arranged it. She
- A Gunboat in the East River Off Roosevelt IslandA gunboat in the East River, this morning, a blast from an painful past, a reminder of the sad way we were. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Twenty years ago, after the World Trade Center disaster, gunboats in the East River were a daily fixture. Walking from Manhattan Park to the subway,
- It’s Constitution Week. Lynne Shinozaki and NYPL Welcome You to Learning More“We met at the Roosevelt Island Library last Friday to promote awareness of Constitution Week,” Shinozaki says. “It’s a National Celebration to bring renewed awareness to the awesome document that our Country is based on.” The Roosevelt Island Daily News “Please stop by our Roosevelt Island Public Library, 504 Main Street, and learn more about
- KICK SOME ASS, ROOSEVELT ISLAND. MAKE THE BASTARDS LISTENMake the bastards listen, Roosevelt Island. Kick a little ass now because it’s the only path you have for running your own community.
- The Roosevelt Island Elevator Storehouse? A Piece of the Past ReturnsAn Elevator Storehouse once sat alongside the Queensboro Bridge. Much more than a place for storage, it was torn down in 1970, before Welfare Island became Roosevelt. But a significant, salvaged piece returns home tomorrow. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News All photos courtesy of the Roosevelt Island Historical Society. An Elevator Storehouse