Deborah Julian’s magical transition created a Set of 5 Matisse Still Life Cat Art Parody Handmade Greeting Cards, 5 X 7 inches, folded. Printed on museum-quality paper, set inside top quality, recycled card stock. Signed. Ships FREE IN THE U.S. within 48 hours.
- End the madness! Why waste paper and cash on note cards that are on a direct line to the recycle bin when you can get quality so refined they are designed for framing?
- In Deborah Julian’s Matisse Still Life Parody a cat finds himself posing in one of the master’s abstract still lifes.
- Each blank card is handmade by Deborah Julian from her original cat art. Sets of 5 are tied in colorful ribbon, not boxed. FREE SHIPPING VIA USPS IN THE U.S.
- A 3 1/2″ X 5″ giclee print is set inside recycled card stock. Folded to 5″ X 7″, it’s a note card and a matted print.
- Give it as a gift, keep it for your own dynamic stationery or take it as art, this will never be money wasted.
About Henri Matisse Still Lifes
Still lifes were a staple of Matisse’s oeuvre throughout his long career. Initially associated with the French Impressionists, he later developed a more personal style that incorporated elements of fauvism, cubism, and abstraction.
Still lifes served as an important testing ground for Matisse’s experimentation with color, form, and composition, and often incorporated elements of his favorite subjects: flowers, nudes, and African masks.
While Matisse is best known for his vibrant paintings, he was also a skilled draftsman, and many of his still lifes were done in charcoal or pen and ink. These drawings are often more subdued in color than his paintings, but they exhibit the same attention to detail and composition.
Whether in painting or drawing, Matisse’s still lifes are characterized by bold colors, simplified forms, and a focus on the essential qualities of his subjects.
In many ways, they reflect the artist’s own philosophy of art: that the goal should be to distill the essence of the subject down to its most essential qualities. This approach results in images that are both visually striking and emotionally evocative.