John Connolly was born in Brooklyn on November 10th, 1932 to James and Margaret Connolly who emigrated from Ireland. John could do a perfect imitation of them.
He served honorably as a Corporal in the US Army during the Korean War. He returned to have a 39 year career in the FDNY in which he served as Captain. He is survived by his wife Luisa.
More from the Roosevelt island daily news
- A Budding RIOC Bromance Softens the Sugary NarcissismThe RIOC bromance between President/CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J. Haynes and Akeem Jamal first blossomed as Haynes’s longtime friend, Altheria Jackson, was shown the door. Haynes was so taken with Jamal, he hired him at
- New York City’s Energy Future on Roosevelt Island’s HorizonThe Ravenswood Generating Station, just across the river from Roosevelt Island, becomes a key to New York City’s energy future with a transition to offshore wind power. The facility, long known as a significant source
- Can Two Wrongs Make a Right? RIOC’s Akeem Jamal Tries To Find outTwo wrongs, we’re told, can’t make a right. We all sorta believe it, but credit where credit’s due, RIOC’s Communications AVP Akeem Jamal is putting it to the test. After grossly misrepresenting the facts surrounding
- The New York Times Finally Gets It. Hochul’s Reforms Are All Hot AirGovernor Kathy Hochul’s reforms for New York State, let fly in the wake of Andrew Cuomo’s exit, were meaningless. The lofty rhetoric never got close to fruition and may never have had any chance at
- RIVAA Celebrates Black History Month with “Essence Creations”Opening on Thursday, February 2nd, Essence Creations is showcased in a free opening reception on Saturday, February 4th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. This year, the History Month art exhibit is again curated by Roosevelt