One of the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association’s most adventurous painters opens his new solo exhibit today. Tony Vita’s Emporium is at their 527 Main Street gallery. Vita will host an opening reception next weekend where you can meet the artist and his art.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Bob Buckley’s You Can Do This, Painting This Week at Gallery RIVAAYou Can Do This, a collection of paintings by RIVAA member Bob Buckley fills the gallery walls through Sunday. And you’re invited to a meet the artist reception on Saturday evening. The Roosevelt Island Daily
- Limited Tickets Available for Arthur Miller’s The Crucible at MSTDA Teen TheatreStarting Friday evening, Main Street Theatre & Dance Alliance’s Teen Theatre takes on The Crucible, an American classic. This is no lighthearted romp for kids. It’s challenging for both audience and the actors, based on
- Into Light, RIVAA’s Holiday Show Opens on SaturdayThe Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association (RIVAA) invites the community to RIVAA Gallery for our annual Holiday Show. “Come celebrate the season with us, give a gift of art and make art a part of
- CBN Older Adults Surprise with Sweet Roosevelt Island ArtIt was, in its own right, the very best of Roosevelt Island art. In a time fraught with anxiety and stress, CBN‘s older adult artists delivered color and spirit to Gallery RIVAA. It was as
- Is Public Art the Best Investment of Our Time or a Total Waste of Money?Many people view public art as a waste of taxpayer money. They believe that the funds could be better spent on other, more important things like education or infrastructure. However, what many people don’t realize