The CBN/RI Senior Center, for August, 2022 posts a full compliment of activities and a daily lunch menus. Some restrictions – mask-wearing and social distancing – remain in force, but the facility is fully open and active. This center is managed by the Carter Burden Network.
Activities & Lunches
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Ivory Needs a Loving Home. Here’s Her Story. By Lylia Saurel Special to The Roosevelt Island Daily News A report from Shelter Animal Count shows that shelters have observed an overall increase in population nationwide by 9.5% over the first quarter of 2022,
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park, Cool Green Oasis in a Hot CityThe long, hot days of summer can be a brutal experience in the city. The concrete and asphalt reflect the heat back up at you, and the dry air seems to suck all the moisture
- THE GREAT MIGRATION FAILED TO BRIDGE THE RACIAL WEALTH DIVIDE. WHAT’S NEXT?Real and lasting economic opportunities for Black families will come only through a serious national reckoning on race. By Dedrick Asante-Muhammad, Briana Shelton | August 3, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News During the early
- Judge Could Allow NYC Council to Revote on Education BudgetNew York City did not follow the proper procedure when approving the roughly $31 billion budget for the education department, a Manhattan judge said Thursday, potentially setting up the City Council to revote on funding
- After Alice Childress Library Rejected Racism ChargedAn Alice Childress Library? That was the dream of Michael Rogers, who Childress mentored into a successful career on stage, as well as others. It made sense for Roosevelt Island, but it was dismissed out