Holi is a popular ancient Hindu festival, also known as the “Festival of Love”, the “Festival of Colours” and the “Festival of Spring” and the perfect occasion to dance together!
ABOUT THE CLASS
On March 19th at 3pm, George Drance will be teaching a special dance class to celebrate Holi. Masala Bhangra® is an Indian-dance based program, designed for people of all ages and fitness levels who love to stay physically active. Specifically, it introduces high energy Bhangra and Bollywood dance movements in an easy-to-follow fitness format, and is a mechanism by which thousands of people have been moved, touched and inspired to become physically active. LEARN MORE
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Instructor George Drance has worked as an actor and director in over twenty-five countries on five continents. He is the artistic director of Magis Theatre and artitst-in-residence at Fordham Lincoln Center. He has performed in several dance companies and has been a Masala Bhangra Ambassador for almost five years.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Love Your Clothes Again: Eileen Fisher RenewDo you have a closet full of clothes you love but don’t wear anymore? Eileen Fisher Renew is here to help. We take your gently-worn Eileen Fisher clothes and give them new life. Not only
- Happy Shelton J. Haynes Cheapskate Holiday Now from RIOCWas a cheapskate holiday for Roosevelt Island exactly what RIOC President/CEO had in mind when RIOC’s contractor spread a much-reduced collection of decorations in early November? Downplaying local traditions is a hallmark of his administration.
- Governor Kathy Hochul Has A Message for Roosevelt Islanders: Get Lost!“Get lost!” The message from Albany shot loud and clear down the Hudson, landing on our little Island. Hochul vetoed a bill constructed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano, coordinating with Roosevelt
- We’ve Got the Money. Why Not End the Homeless Crisis Now?The homeless crisis is not only costly for individuals, but also for society as a whole. A study by the National Alliance to End Homelessness found that the cost of homelessness to taxpayers is approximately
- 5 Ways Weather Conditions Affect Your Physical HealthWeather conditions can have a significant impact on asthma and other respiratory problems. Cold weather, for example, can cause the airways to constrict, making it difficult to breathe. High humidity can also lead to increased