Delayed by the COVID surge, the free public reception for Anne-Marie Dannenberg’s Blue Light show at the Octagon Gallery is now on for Thursday, February 10th. The Gallery is at 888 Main Street in the lobby. The reception is scheduled for 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Most Americans believe #MeToo has changed the climate around workplace sexual misconductOriginally published by The 19th Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Almost five years since the #MeToo went viral, new data from the Pew Research Center finds that most Americans believe that the
- When the Dog Ate Their Homework, RIOC’s Credibility Took A HitRIOC’s credibility took a hit on Saturday. No, the dog did not eat their homework, but it was damn close. Their “AVAC plant was struck by lightning,” they said. Show jaw drops here. The trouble
- At RIOC, a Return to In-Person Board Meetings and the LyingAlthough there was plenty of misdirection and evasion as RIOC staged its first in-person post-COVID board meeting, we’ll focus on the worst of the lying. It was a return to tradition for the Shelton J.
- Update: Car Crashes Over the Roosevelt Island Seawall OvernightAround 2:00 a.m. on Saturday, a car sped past Cornell Tech, lost control, crashed through the seawall and plunged into the East River. The driver, who the cops say appeared to be intoxicated, swam to
- RIOC Budget for 2023-24 Hides Huges Losses at the TramTram operations will cost Roosevelt Islanders at least a million dollars in the RIOC budget for 2023-24. But it’s hidden, never clearly exposed in the financial plan for operating the twin cabins. Asked for comment,